Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

My story sounds about like everyone elses in this area too.I have heard of very few birds actually getting taken so far as bad weather and most the toms still up with the hens have created for a very slow season so far.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Cant wait for the opener May 1st here in NY. Those are some good scouting pictures you guys have. Hopefully we can get some good birds on the ground
Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Well boys, this will be probably be my last visit until I get back. I head up Tuesday night and will return at season's end (Sunday) or sooner if things go to plan. Hopefully with pics and maybe a video of the big guy if all works out right.

Good luck to the rest of ya.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Illinois if you make it out Wednesday. At least you had some action to speak of. I've gone a whole season once without hearing a single gobble. Good luck Canned Heat, hope to see a post and some pics soon. I've got til the 30th here. I just picked up my license and tag yesterday and hit the range today to zero in my new sights. Blew my last Hevi-13s from last year and got good killing patterns at 40 yards. The season can't get here soon enough for me.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it's been pretty quiet here...hopefully that means most are out chasing some birds. I will be headed out Saturday (finally). I have from Saturday until May 17 to knock down a bird. Good Luck everyone.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to get out for a few hours this morning. No kill to report here but a good morning anyways.

The birds were really fired up before I even got in my blind. They were all around just not any very close and with my limited time I knew it was going to be tough to make a move. Once I figured I wasn't going to get one to come in to my setup I made a move to a lower field where there was a bird gobbling on the hill.

Once I got down there I never did see the gobbler but was able to see the hen he was working with. I quickly made another move to another field where most the birds were located that morning. Once I got in the area they shut up and never spoke another word.

Figured it was getting time for me to head into work so I took out. I was hugging the woodline as I came around a point and saw a tom strutting along an old farm road....and then another tom right behind him. I quickly got the decoy set out and was making me a nice little place to sit where I would be able to draw and a hen busted me.....and along with her went the other 2 birds.

As I was getting in my truck at 8:30 I could still hear some birds going at it. A strikeout for me this year but a blast anyways. Looks like I was just about a season to late as the birds are really starting to break from the hens now. I am going to try to follow my cousin around on my days off and see if I can't get one of his birds down on film this next season.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

just got back from austrakia. glad to hear from ysll
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tomorrow is 'go time'. I'll have from tomorrow until May 17 to fill my tag. How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys just got back from a little vacation. I get to go out tomorrow. Im bringing a youth out im going to try to get it on film. We will see how it goes. They were right were they needed to be this morning nere the blind we built hopefuilly it can happen tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck ryncam. For some reason (nothing to do with the pics you posted ) I feel you will be successfull tomorrow. Sounds like you can almost set your watch to them. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.