Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

ORIGINAL: zubba

good luck ryncam. For some reason (nothing to do with the pics you posted ) I feel you will be successfull tomorrow. Sounds like you can almost set your watch to them. Good luck.
good luckl partner
Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck ryancam. I'm planning to do a little scouting tomorrow. Next Thursday is opening day in RI for me.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Any kills yet?

JW
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i can walk now with the boot so this weekand im hunting!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

Any kills yet?

JW
My seasons haven't even opened yet. I start Thursday in RI. I'm thinking my best chances will be in CT, and that season doesn't open til May 6th. Located some birds this past Saturday, but they weren't gobbling much at all. At least I have somewhere to start.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Well boys it didnt work out the birds moved. they werent were they were supposed to be. We had alot of close calls had one strutter 20 yards away but there was to much brush in the way and we had a hen spoke so she ruined that. We had another close call on a big bird i call peg leg because one of his legs is hurt and he limps. The youth i was with missed but thats happens. I didnt take him to the good spot were i got most of those pictures im saving that for me haha. cant wait for friday.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK...I'm not shy, I'll be the first...lol. Took a nice Iowa gobbler this morning. I'll have more of a story later when I get more time. Bascially a textbook hunt, gobbled on the roost, came straight in. Couldn't have asked for a better morning. 26 lbs 2oz, 9" beard, 7/8" spurs.

Mossy, since your our team captain, I believe you have to report this to JW. NWTF Score....

Your score is 26.125 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 18 = 61.625
Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

OK...I'm not shy, I'll be the first...lol. Took a nice Iowa gobbler this morning. I'll have more of a story later when I get more time. Bascially a textbook hunt, gobbled on the roost, came straight in. Couldn't have asked for a better morning. 26 lbs 2oz, 9" beard, 7/8" spurs.

Mossy, since your our team captain, I believe you have to report this to JW. NWTF Score....

Your score is 26.125 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 18 = 61.625

congrats! i just send it to him
Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow opener today. Didn't hear them gobble on their own on my way in so I set up near where I heard them Saturday. I heard one gobbling in the distance, and I tried to bring him closer but no luck. I didn't want tomove on him too soon, so I gave him some time. When I felt sure he wasn't going to get closer, I decided to move on him. As soon as I stood up, I heard a shotcoming from his direction. I wondered if maybe someone else was working him?? anyway, that kinda bummed me out because I don't think there are a lot of birds on that property. I sat back down to think about my next moveand decided to stay put for a while. After a few minutes, I hear him gobbling again?? I moved and got a gobble or 2 from my new location, then nothing the rest of the morning. Turns out the shot I heard was the land owner popping a squirrel near his house... Weather is gonna be bad the next few days, so I'm gonna work tomorrow and play the weekend by ear.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

well opening day was a complete bust. Had 20mph winds and rain. Tomorrow looks much better. Today wasnt a complete waste of a day i picked up my new 09 chevy silverado with the z71 off road package im loving it

Quick Reply: Team #7 "Strut Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.