Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The deer were scouting me >

The deer were scouting me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The deer were scouting me

Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The deer were scouting me

I was working on getting my "man room" cleaned up this evening and I thought, Ishould go out and shoot a few "low light shots." It was maybe 20 minutes to dark and I grabbed the quiver and headed out. I thought it would be good realistic practice as this is when alot of my shots may be. I put 4 neat arrows in the middle of four dots on my Block and went and retreaved them. I let the first of the next group go and caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look and there is 3 does eating apples 47 yards away from me. I was partially hidden by a bush, I guess that's why they couldn't see me. I let the second one go and still no reaction. I step out and then they ran off about 30 yards. I snuck back inside for the camera, but by then it was too dark. It was like they were watching me shoot. Funny thing is they were more scared by the sound of my feet than the "puft" of the 101. Who says fast bows are loud?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The deer were scouting me

Your right Ben, they were scouting you and now you've gone and let them know how well your shooting. IT will be a cold day in hell before they come anywhere near your stands. I just think you put the fear in them.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I turn to look and there is 3 does eating apples 47 yards away from me.
Ben, you ranged them didn't you, they probably took off when they saw you looking at them and nocking an arrow.

Speaking of does, I got my bright yellow envelope today!

I had 3 does watching me and my son practicing the other day from the corn field next door. They must have seen me shoot because they hung out for a while.....They weren't scared. [&o]

Wayne
Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya well the Momma "nanny" of the group's backstraps were making my mouth water. If she wanders under a walnut tree, we shall find out just how good they are.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stickler

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I turn to look and there is 3 does eating apples 47 yards away from me.
Ben, you ranged them didn't you, they probably took off when they saw you looking at them and nocking an arrow.

Speaking of does, I got my bright yellow envelope today!

I had 3 does watching me and my son practicing the other day from the corn field next door. They must have seen me shoot because they hung out for a while.....They weren't scared. [&o]

Wayne
Ya Wayne, you saw what can be done at 40, she just needed an orange dot on her.