Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scouting for deer

Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scouting for deer

I wa out doing a little deer scouting yesturday and we have had an unusual winter with hardly no snow. I really use this at this time of year for my scouting but it looks like I am going to be without this year. I also look for scrapes and old rubs. And was wondering what everyone else looks for or does for deer scouting. I am sure we could all learn a little from each other. and who knows mabey the tip you give will be the one that helps one of us get that trophy of a lifetime. Thanks Mike
Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM

Default RE: Scouting for deer

MIKE,I know this is going to sound crazy to a lot of deer hunter's ,I hunt on 105 acres been hunting it for 10 plus years .It borders a lot of land tha's not hunted ,I know ever inch of it ,the buck's make the scrapes,and rub's in the same place ever year.They walk the same paths,they have walked the path's so much they are cut into the leaves 6 to 8 inches .Take's a lot of fun out of the hunt ,all you got to do is sit bout 80 yards off the path and sock it to them.I plant 4 food plot's for them ,put out mineral's ,and molasses ,they come off the other land's around mine to have lunch.O and there's a lot of white and red oak's and presimmons on my place.[8D][8D]