Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sharpening ?

Old 08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sharpening ?

I was wondering if their is a sharpener out there that you can use on a muzzy style broadhead. I know you can just replace the blades, but when you dull one up a little taking it in and out of your quiver foam and ;you want to touch it up a little, it seems cheaper than buying replacement blades just for that. I would like one that you could use on the 3 blade muzzy's and the trocar tip and maybe a g5 montec head as well. Any advice on what to use or do would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Sharpening ?

G5 makes a flat diamond stone that works well for their montecs. After the stone, I use a leather trap thathas a little moretallowy (if that a word....oily) feel to it than a normal leather belt...a couple of strokes on it and your good to go. Something like aSmiths may workfor the Muzzy, I think you have to takeem apart to get theforemost edge. A file always did the job for me if I had a burr on the Trocar tip. Good Luck