Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 sharpening G5' s >

sharpening G5' s

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sharpening G5' s

Old 06-30-2003, 11:13 PM

Default sharpening G5' s

I bought the G5' s and was wondering if I can use my diamond stone to sharpen them. I heard that they have a certain angle to them and thats why they don' t feel that sharp,if thats true do I need to buy their stone that is designed for the G5' s?
Old 06-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: sharpening G5' s

You' re right, they don' t feel that sharp but they are. You can use just about any flat sharpener as song as it is wider than the heads. I reccomend using a coarse stone first just to get all the edges the same. Just place the blades flat on the stone and push the head foward. Very easy to get them sharp.

I use a Smiths tripple stone (coarse, medium, fine) and they come out very sharp. They don' t feel that sharp but they slice through stuff just as good or better than the replaceable blade heads. Be careful with that tip.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:08 AM
nub

Go to thier website. http://www.g5outdoors.com/ And open up the link on sharpening. They explain a couple different ways to determine if your heads are sharp. Like bigbulls said, just about any flat stone will work.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Bigbulls, Can you get them sharp enough to cut paper? I have not been able to yet!
Old 07-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Geronimo,
Spent some time this morning sharpening my G5 so you could indeed shave paper with it. I had to sharpen each blade individually, not like they show on their web sight. Although I would recommend following their instructions because I' d rather cut venison than paper!. The angle of the broadhead is such that it will be plenty sharp when shot through a deer. If you don' t have a diamond stone, your wasting your time trying to sharpen anything...In My Humble Opinion! You could purchase their sharpener and use it on all your knives too! Hope this helps. Actually, if it shoots to the point of aim, its far better than the replaceable razorblade type. But each to his own. I' ll give you $15 for your G5' s if you want to get rid of them. Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:19 PM
nub

$17.00[]
Old 07-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seventeen...Do I hear eighteen!.....Humbada latta la da linga dada matta...eighteen...eighteen....Can ya gimme eighteen!

Sorry, I went to an auction today and just can' t get the lingo out of my head.

I' ll give ya EIGHTEEN! [] [:-]
Old 07-05-2003, 09:20 PM
nub

Humbada latta la da linga dada matta
Say what?
18.50[:-]
Old 07-05-2003, 09:59 PM

$18.51
Old 07-05-2003, 11:08 PM

Hmmm....Been thinking of trying these myself.

$18.52 And I' ll pay actual ship.[8D]

Quick Reply: sharpening G5' s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.