Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

four wheeler

Old 04-27-2005, 09:40 AM

Default four wheeler

what kind of four wheeler would you suggest that cost around 3,000-4,000? i am looking for one but i have no clue as to what i want. my dad has a utility quad that we use for work so all i want to use mine for is play. but i want a quality one that won't break down or need repairs often.

so what kind would you suggest? thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: four wheeler

basically any of the sport yamahas would be excellent screw around 4wheelers
if you want to do alot of wheelies i would suggest a blaster they aren't the fastest but are light and accelerate quickly making them good for wheelies[:-]
my friend has a 350 twin banshee and if you ever need to rip up your lawn this is what you need it is awesome with burnouts and donuts it has a six speed manual on it and is fast we were racin against a mustang the one day and i out accellerates it for a little while
but the ultimate would be a raptor these are by far the best and fastest 4wheelers produced by yamaha or anybody[8D]
but i you will just have to look around for one in your price range as long as it is a banshee or raptor it will scoot but just a fair warning do not take these 4 wheelers off into the woods where there are mud pits or logs because they get stuck easily compared to utility 4wheelers[X(]
Old 04-27-2005, 05:07 PM

sorry i didn't clear it up more i ride in the woods. so i guess i am going to have to look for a sport/utility quad like the Wolverine or something. but thanks for the reply just dosen't fit what i want
Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

but the ultimate would be a raptor these are by far the best and fastest 4wheelers produced by yamaha or anybody
dirtrider did a test and the predator tops out 1mph faster than the raptor at 74mph. the banshee however is believed to be a little faster than the predator.

killer,
look into the scramblers they have 4wheel drive but also can get up and move when you want them to. if you dont mind shifting you might look at a 400ex me and a friend ride with one in the woods all the time. just have to use his dads sportsman to make the trails but once they are made you can rip through on the ex.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:12 AM

I would go with a raptor 660 they are good quality fourwheelers...
Old 05-01-2005, 11:21 AM

For the price you are talking about I would go with the Honda Foreman
Old 05-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arctic Cat
Old 05-06-2005, 09:32 AM

I own a Arctic Cat 400. And my uncles have 650's. All three are very nice 4wheelers and get the job done, whether its hauling deer or moving cattle, etc.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

well i would sugest a wolverine they wont die i mean they wont die ive been racing quads a while ill post some pics of some i had
Old 05-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

wolverine

Quick Reply: four wheeler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.