Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 sadness in the air...:-/ sorry-just had to share >

sadness in the air...:-/ sorry-just had to share

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

sadness in the air...:-/ sorry-just had to share

Old 03-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Default sadness in the air...:-/ sorry-just had to share

Well,
My older brother is moving out pretty soon, and I'm starting to freak out...lol I mean, I guess most kids are glad when their older siblings move out, but we are really, close as we always have been, so when he's gone I'm gonna really, really miss him, and I don't know what I'm gonna do for a while after he leaves.
He has always taken me where ever I want to go, he was the one who first took me hunting and trapping, and taught me how to hold and shoot a gun....we have done everything together, and then in a few weeks he will be gone.
I know this is just part of growing up, and this fall I will be going to college and getting out on my own, but its the process right now that is kinda tough.
He will be moving to a town 3 hours away too, which means I won't get to see him very often...
Sorry you all have to read about this, but I just had to share it, and I figured ya'll would be the ones to understand....
Kendra
Old 03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sadness in the air...:-/ sorry-just had to share

well look at it this way. He could be moving all the across the country or going to Iraq. 3 hours isn't that bad at all. I'm sure you'll see him more than you think right now. Going off to college is really fun you meet all kinds of new people and see new country...but it's scary at first.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think brutal said it best. It will be alittle hard for you as first but, like brutal said, i'm sure you'll be able to to see him plently of times when he is in college. There is the weekends, spring break, holidays so don't worry too much because you'll see him alot
Old 03-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Speaking as the eldest of eight let me assure you that the transition will be just as scary for him , once again he has to be the trail blazer for you to follow and the forest just got a whole lot bigger . He will also miss you as much as you miss him . Stay in contact and the pain will lessen with time .
Old 03-03-2005, 10:10 AM

Okay, thanks guys. I know everything will be fine,and who knows how many millions of people go through worse things everyday....
Kevin, I'm the second oldest of 7...10 actually, but only 7 living...big families are really cool.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:15 PM

you
ll be sad for a long time, maybe monthes, but you'll eventually get over it. 3 hrs, isnt that bad. my sis moved 16 hrs away. from PA, down to TN
Old 04-01-2005, 01:45 PM

sorry to hear that