Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Who shoots archery on here besides me? >

Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Old 02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Who else shoots archery? And what kind of bow and set-up do you have. Mine is in my signature. I hunt antelope, deer, turkey, and possibly elk with my bow. How about you?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:02 AM

Default RE: Who shoots archery on here besides me?

That bow may not be legal to hunt elk with. I know some states have certain requirements.

I had a PSE Fire-Flite. I put it in my press and let it out too fast. I am getting a Bowtech Allegiance soon.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 AM

archery sucks
Old 02-06-2005, 12:06 PM

I don't see the fun in shooting a deer 300 yards out. You can have a tv in your shooting house with the volume on high and still shoot a deer. There is nothing more fun than getting a deer within 20 yards and waiting for the perfect shot. The reason I do it is because I love the tuning that's involved. It is a lot more harder than shooting a gun, but to each his own.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

i agree it is funner to get 20 yards but i do hunt deer with a rifle foer food i hunt elk my bow
Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM

I only hunt with archery I think it is way funner to sit and get them in close than be able to get them at 300 yards[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

I shoot:
High Country Carbon 4 Runner Extreme
29 in. Draw
70# Draw Weight
Nap Quick Tune 2000 Drop Away Rest
Impact Archery 5 Pin Sight
Easton Axis 400
Thunderhead 125 Grain Broadhead
Old 02-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LIL_REDNECK2784

archery sucks
haha yea right like said before its alot better than shooting at a deer 300 yrds. away and its alot more challenging then just pullin a trigger.....my setup is a Mathews LX, trophy taker shakey hunter rest, keller pendulum sight, draw length 28 1/2" and draw weight 60 lbs.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:45 PM

I hunt deer with my PSE Spyder. I plan to get a new bow soon.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:15 PM

Calm your nerves people, archery is no more challenging than rifle or vice versa. Each has its own special approach and no one method is better than the other. You cannot compare apples to oranges if ya know what i mean. I hunt archery as well as rifle and feel i am challenged equally in the two areas. Archery seasons here are usually in the prime time of the season, therefore making more likely to have activity and a possible shot. Rifle seasons are usually a few weeks after archery sometimes when the rut has finished or the animals have been heavily pressured by bowhunters previously. For me rilfe hunting is just as much of a challnege as archery. I have only been at the archery for 2 years now so I am picking things up here as I go along. I shoot a mathews ultramax, easton carbons, 100gr wasp 3 fixed blades, tru glo sight, string leeches and limb savers, nap stabalizer and i think thats about it. I usually only archery hunt elk and mule deer. Took a elk in 2003 and 2004 and a mule deer in 2004. I still love my rifle whitetail hunt though.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

I don't see the fun in shooting a deer 300 yards out. You can have a tv in your shooting house with the volume on high and still shoot a deer. There is nothing more fun than getting a deer within 20 yards and waiting for the perfect shot. The reason I do it is because I love the tuning that's involved. It is a lot more harder than shooting a gun, but to each his own.
Though Zak wouldn't know too much about having deer in that close. [:-]

Just kidding bud. Hey, look at it this way, having your PSE get messed up just gave you an excuse to upgrade to a more respectable bow!

Yeah, I love archery. My setup is in my sig as well.

Quick Reply: Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.