Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Who shoots archery on here besides me? >

Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Who shoots archery on here besides me?

You have to make sure you have a clean path to the deer. If there is a twig or leaf in the way you can't shoot.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

another thing I like about archery is I can practice in my basement or my backyard.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:01 AM

I recently bought my first compound. I really, really love it, and shooting it is far more fun then shotgun, but that is just my opinion.
I haven't hunted with it yet, but I will soon be competing with it in Shooting Sports, so we'll see how that goes.
I have a 2005 Hoyt Rintech Cam &1/2, 27in draw, 40lb pull, and I shoot with a True Fire "Hurricane" release. I have one of those Whisker Biscuit QS rests, and the Cobra sites. I'm not sure about all the rest of the stuff though.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LIL_REDNECK2784

ARCHERY SUCKS
hey dont take it out on us cuz we are more skilled then you lil bud[8D]
Old 02-08-2005, 06:58 PM

I LOVE BOWHUNTING!!! gun hunting is a challenge and is fun becaus of the comradery, but the challenge in bowhunting is AWESOME! right now i have a Darton Nomad at 56# and a 27 1/2 draw length, but im sellin it. im thinkin bout gettin the Allegiance, that thing is tough!
anyone who hasnt tried bowhunting really should caus they dont know what they are missing and those who dont like it probly werent that good at it, thats why they dont like it.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love archery id rather bowhunt thendo nething else
i dont own a deer slug gun just a mzloader
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 PM

I love archery!

bowhunting...man I don't go very often 'cause I have to be in the right mood to be able to sit still for that long.

Mathew's Feather-Max L.H. 60lbs and I wanna go traditional sometime soon.

What sucks the most is the few buddies of mine who also bowhunt think that a 4" group at 20yards is acceptable. Instead of actually learning how to shoot (or more importantly in their case) learn how to set/tune their bow up, they just continually blame their equipement and go "tweak" or buy some other accessory..and they still shoot worse at 20 then I do at 40...it takes the fun out of shooting with your friends.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:27 PM

i am 14 and shot tradishinal recurve fred bear

Old 02-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

i shoot a crossbow, does anyone else here shoot crossbow, i skimmed over the other replys and i have only read that you guys shoot compounds. crossbows are a little eaiser to shoot than crossbows, a lot harder than shooting guns though. i have an exocet crossbow, 185 draw weight, and it goes 315 fps, even though its supposed to go only 300 fps.

Leah
Old 02-18-2005, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Canadian Chic

i shoot a crossbow, does anyone else here shoot crossbow, i skimmed over the other replys and i have only read that you guys shoot compounds. crossbows are a little eaiser to shoot than crossbows, a lot harder than shooting guns though. i have an exocet crossbow, 185 draw weight, and it goes 315 fps, even though its supposed to go only 300 fps.

Leah
Crossbows aren't legal where I'm at. Either way I'm happy, I love my compound.

Quick Reply: Who shoots archery on here besides me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.