Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 confederate flag >

confederate flag

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

confederate flag

Old 01-25-2005, 08:29 PM

Default confederate flag

I have had a confederate flag sticker on the back window of my truck since the first day of school they never said anything about it to me then for christmas my boyfriend had a plate made for me on the front of my truck that is a confederate flag and says rebel forever last week i got called to the principals office at the vo tech school i go to in the afternoon she wanted me to remove the plate and take the sticker off bc she said it offended some people she also gave me 3 days of iss the next day when i was in iss she came down and i hadn't taken them off bc i dont want to but i had covered them before i got on school property and i take the coverings off after i get off school property. i told her i didnt have the special tool needed to take the plate off on monday she came down and bothered me about it again i told her i still didnt have the tool she said i'll ask around the other shops and see if i can find it i just walked away and went back to cleaning the walk in cooler when i got home my mom told me if she bothered me about it again to have the principal call her bc she doesnt need to keep buggin me about it if its covered when i was walking in today she stopped me and said will u pull ur truck in front of the auto body garage and the one teacher is going to see if he has the tool to take it off i told her no i didnt want to take it off and that i had covered them before i got there she said i couldnt do that i had to take them off completely and we got into a big argument in the parking lot she said i'll take it up with ur parents then and i said ok my mom said for u to call her if u came and asked me about it today about 10 minutes into class i get called to her office and gave her my moms cell phone number and told her to call my mom didnt answer and she told me i have 2 choices i could either remove the plate before i get there tomorrow or she is taking my parking permit and i wont get it back i went back to class pissed and started swearin at the top of my lungs in the kitchen and lettin off alot of steam but i was still mad. when i left school i called my mom to see if she had called the principal back and she did the principal started bitching at my mom about it and my mom said that isnt right she is trying to tell you how to live your life. the program is a 2 year program and i actually graduated from it last year but went back this year to take a special certification course they got in this year. me and my mom talked and we decided that if she wants me to remove it instead of just covering it im just going to go in tomorrow and if she says anything im going to get my things and leave and quit going up there bc if i dont i can leave school after 3 periods bc i only have 3 classes and i can go to work i can see how she didnt want it to be displayed bc it can be offensive to some but i dont think they have the right to tell me i cant just cover it up until i get off school property
Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: confederate flag

This is called freedom of speech, I would go above her and tell them you will get a lawyer if need to [just a bluff]. They can not do this . I would ask them to see the rule that you can not have it on your truck.
Allso when I had a very similar problem in school I put it in the papper BOY it got fixed fast then.

good luck I say stand your ground.

Whish you lived close. Where did you live?
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 PM

That totally stinks...I'm really sorry to hear about what a "pain" the woman was bein..lol
My brother has always kept confedarate flag stickers on his vehicles, and never had a problem with it, but then we moved to the city and people started really going off about it.
He also has a licence plate that has a rebel flag, and says "johnny" (either for johnny reb, or because his name is John.lol) and he has gotten it spit of more then a few times since moving here,
Then last year, on Robert E. Lee's b-day, we painted "Happy Birthday Gen. Lee!" on the back window of his truck, and we got some looks that could kill, and we got into so many...you might say "arguments" about it too..lol Maybe it was because his birthday fell on MLK day.lol
Anyway, I have no problem with having a sticker or plate or anything. I mean, to me it's about heritage, NOT hate!
I don't see why people have to get all worked up about us having the confedarate flag displayed. It's a free country, and like you, I'm not going to take the stickers or anything off because someone was offended. They can get over it.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:12 AM

I could see if it was a dress code issue, but the principal has no right to tell you what you can and cant have on your vehicle....yes it is called freedom of speech and expression....if hse continues to hound you go public with it (school paper, paper etc.)She is enfringing on you rights as a US citizen b/c of a few whiners. Dont let her win is all im saying.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with with elk and headhunter. Out here if someone sees an conf. flag, they assume its a racist related thing. Being in this part of California thought its not a good idea to have anything like that because there has been some bad trouble that has happened because of it. It gets pretty bad out here. When I see a cond.flag i don't think anything of it myself. I have lot of family and friends in the south and we pick on each other about difference things but its all in good fun. I plan to move out in a southern state someday this year, maybe later but eventually.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Hey the same thing happened to me in High School. The principle didn't like hunting or killing animals or something and i had a window sticker on my back window of my truck that had that little guy peeing on the letters PETA and the little guy was holding a gun. He tried to get me to remove it but that was not happening. I WON. Just stand your ground.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Around here (MN) when people see a confederate flag they atomatically assume that whoever it belongs to is a racist. Personally I love the south and when I see the confederate flag I don't think anything of it. Even my parents think that it means your a racist but I just tell them it means that your proud of your heritage.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:17 PM

The south lost, get over it and stop trying to be "cool" by being a rebel...its stupid. And besides, this is a hunting forum, not school
Old 01-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

12 get a life, some people ask for help here of any kind

If you do not like the post than say you think in the USA they should be alowed to tell you what to say and where you can say it.

Dont post that she should not post here becouse it is a hunting forum.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 12 pointer

The south lost, get over it and stop trying to be "cool" by being a rebel...its stupid. And besides, this is a hunting forum, not school
You obviously aren't from the South, and don't need to judge the ones that are, because here it isn't a matter of being a rebel-it's a matter of heritage. You seem to be the only one with a problem-seems to me that your the one that needs to "get over it".

Plus, you haven't made a comment on any other thread that wasn't hunting related on how bad it was to do so....take a chill pill please.

Quick Reply: confederate flag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.