Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 prairie dog explosions anyone? >

prairie dog explosions anyone?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

prairie dog explosions anyone?

Old 03-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: prairie dog explosions anyone?

So if we need to watch what we say or post here bc of the Anti's, then lets stop all hunting talk bc the anti's will use anything against us. And lemme get this straight also, prairie dog hunters aren't invited on this forum? because this is the nature of prairie dog hunting. So a bow killed deer is just as offensive as a gun killed prairie dog? All types of hunting talk should be welcome here as long as it is not obscene or offensive. And if an animal getting shot is too much to bear, then you have the wrong hobby. Red Hawk, do you think the anti's have anymore hard feelings for a prairie dog hunter as opposed to a deer hunter??? I dont wanna start an argument here or nuttin but aren't we aloud to speak about all types of hunting on the board???? If we have to watch what we say and do then the Anti's have already won..........

No you are missing the point that i am making. Its not about pride of who is wrong or right or hunter against anti-hunters. It is just good common sense to not show videos like that on here because there is the possibility, although not very likely, the antis would somehow manage to ruin this huntingnet or exploit their cause by viewing and useing a video like that to their advantage. And as you said about talking as long as its not obscene or offensive. Seeing the video didnt bother me at all but my concern is that the antis will use it for fuel. Another point being, and i am telling you to prevent you from getting banned from huntingnet, is to not have videos like that in here anymore because that is one thing the antis can do is get someone banned from here.

As for the par-dogs making holes and causing injurie to cows and so on , i agree because squrriels are problems out here in cali.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:40 PM

if the only thing the anti's can do is get someone banned from here, then we are already giving in and losing the fight....
Old 03-13-2004, 07:47 PM

Squirrel, you should just quit while your still half ways ahead. Alright the words that you used to describe it were totally wrong and offensive to some people.You have to watch the way that you put somethings on here because you never know what will happen. Yes pDogs are a pain in the butt! i know this but just dont show clips of them"exploding" on here.You say that,if the only thing the anti's can do is get someone banned from here, then we are already giving in and losing the fight.... , no your wrong, We are trying to protect the great sport that everyone on huntingnet loves. if we didnt love it as much as we do then we wouldnt be sticking up for it sooooo much.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:51 PM

if we love it so much, then why are we letting our fellow hunters become victims to Anti-hunters attacks???
Old 03-13-2004, 07:52 PM

what are we suposed to do?stand up and get into a brawl with them? yah so then they can ban guns and take away hunters liscenses?I dont think so
Old 03-13-2004, 07:56 PM

alright... i stand corrected.... but still it was hunting, and now your tellin me i cant talk hunting on a hunting site???
Old 03-13-2004, 07:58 PM

now your tellin me i cant talk hunting on a hunting site???
when did i say that?
i never did
Old 03-13-2004, 08:00 PM

when you said i shouldnt put clips like that on here..... now all the sudden because its on tape, its wrong.....
Old 03-13-2004, 08:03 PM

im done, somebody else wrk with this kid.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

While some of you may see this as senceless killing of prarie dogs they still need to be controled. Much more so than any deer that we hunt. There simply is not enough predators around to keep these rodents controled like there used to be hundreds of years ago. They are not eatable and as you can see from the videos there isn't much there to eat any way but their numbers need to be kept in check.
Prarie dogs are infested with fleas, ticks and other parasites. Not to mention that they are a known carrier of the plague and many other diseases. They hole up the land where they have their villages and cause numerous deaths of livestock every year. They reproduce quicker than rabbits and mice and will desimate all of the land around their "village" if not controled.

BTW they are not useing 30 caliber guns. They are useing .223's, 22-250's and 17HMR's in all of these videos.

I for one do take pleasure in the hunting as well as the killing aspect of the hunt. Do not feel ashamed because you are a hunter / killer and do not be scared of the anti hunters out there. Stand up ffor what you do and believe in.

Quick Reply: prairie dog explosions anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.