Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

1st of 2011

Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default 1st of 2011

Hey everyone,

Got my first deer for this year. Sat in the stand less than ten minutes this morning when this 7 pointer came down the trail. He stopped perfectly about 12 yards out. After the shot her ran about 40 yards, and I heard him go down in the brush. I followed about ten minutes later, since I knew he was down, and there he was. Broadhead got both lungs and the top of the heart!
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails 1st of 2011-jake-buck-3.jpg   1st of 2011-jake-buck.jpg  
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats...I'm going out the next three days hopefully a buck shows
Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks IA, get out there. That's the second buck I've seen this week. Both were nose to the ground, chasing a doe I assume. Now's when they're moving. Good luck!
-Jake
Old 11-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

I saw two bucks this morning drew back on the second one never got a shot though hopefully tonight and tomorrow morning bring some better luck
Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck. i have seen a ton of deer like that this year, just couldnt get myself to shoot them that early. past few days ive had total of 5 bucks come past my stand, one was a nice 6 i would have shot if the opportunity came. lots of does, one i should have shot but never did. doing all day hunts next 2 days so hopefully i will fill one of my tags.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Spike

How many bucks are you allowed per year? I know that we're only allowed one buck tag and perhaps one or two doe tags and that is it.. during rifle season anyway!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'm allowed one buck in Ohio, which is where I got that buck. I also hunt Pennsylvania, where I'm allowed one buck. As for doe, I have one doe tag in PA this year. In Ohio I think I could get up to six doe. I am trying to get five this year. But I may only get this one! Who knows. This is my senior year of college, andI have been really busy, so I have not been to picky. That was only my third hunt of the year. Typically by this time I'd have 20+ hunts for archery. Just don't have a lot of time this year
-Jake
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Hunting Kid, where are you hunting in PA? I hunt Indiana County
-Jake