Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Buck's

Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck's

Well guys we need the forum's to get going so I figured I'd bring something up.
You guys been seing any buck's?Every night from 6:30 to around 8:30 I go and look for buck's and the past week I've been seeing alot.Sunday I saw a buck at 500 yard's he raised his head & I could tell from that distance he was nice. My guess is he will be around 150 or so come season he a 11 point(power of binocular's and crawling). Than I've been watchen a bachelor group that has 3 8 point's and a knarly looken main frame 10(that has 4 non-typical point's if their attached)that I'm hopen doesn't shed some of his point's,I can't tell if their just hangen or if he a non-typical but if they are attached he will be a 14 point,& I've been seeing aton of small 6 point's afew smaller 8's next year if these small buck's get good nutrition this fall,they are going to be some wall hanger's for sure
Anyways how is yalls scouting going?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Spike

I saw a few small eights a couple days ago and a wider ten this morning.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

theres a cornfield that buts up against a bean field that buts up against the woods we hunt (100 yards from woods to corn) and the cornfield has like tractor/drainage roads in it and everyother night ive been seeing to deffonate shooters and one for sure next year. the one buck is easily 165-170 by the end of growth hes right now easily 25 inches wide with points upto g4 so im keeping my fingers crossed that we get permission to hunt the fields so we can put a blind up and brush it in hopefully take them out opening weekend
Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

the 150" buck I was talken about ihs G'2's with velevt are prolly easy 12 or 13 inches by the times he sheds prolly 11 or 13" hes a good buck
Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

A few small fours and a spike so far, nothing really eye catching just yet. No trail cams out yet though....soon.

BigBuck95
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

my cmaera is out but batteries died so I missed something the ground in front of my camera was tore up!! but dang batteries
Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

havn't really sccout because most of the time hunting i just wing it, but behind my house last year i almost shot a nice 6pt and i think he is still around and this year he will probably be a nice 7 or 8pt but i need to hang a ladder still and find places to use my dad's climber
Old 07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

yeah my cameras neither got many pics the cuddy got like 13 then the batteries died (where i saw the biggin's) and the stealth got like 26 pics but one deer was huge i think he was the big 150" 9 i missed there last year im not sure because i couldnt see the scar on the left side of his face hoping to see him this year because we just discovered an apple tree by our stand and we have a shooting lane towards it so im keeping my fingers crossed
Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

A little jealous of you guys that are already out scouting. I'm in Colorado till August 21, but when I get back I've got a job offer as a hunting guide, so I'll have to get on my game as soon as I get home and get my tracking dog back in gear so I can get geared up for the season. Looking forward to hopefully another good season!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Spike

You guys are lucky. I'm bowhunting tiny coastal blacktails in open country. Success rate for archery in my zone was 3% last year. I'm happy to get anything with a bow. It has been a pretty good season though. Got within 10 yards 3 times but couldn't stick one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.