Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Gift for young hunters >

Gift for young hunters

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Gift for young hunters

Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default Gift for young hunters

If I wanted to spend $20-$30 on a gift for my pre-teen nephews who are starting to get interested in hunting, what should i get them?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

$20-$30.... Hunting isn't a very cheap sport, that might buy a license or call or a box of bullets.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

A license and ammunition would be good. There are things that are very useful in the field, like a $5 deer drag (they'd be glad to have that if they've ever drug with their hands or a stinkin' cart). HIGH quality gloves, hat, neck gaiter, maybe a camo sweatshirt. Maybe some gun accessories, like some good rings or bases for a gun, a nice sling, a bipod, scope caps, gun cleaning stuff. A subscription to outdoor life and field and stream--I know when I first started I couldn't get enough of those. An upland vest with a game bag in the back. It all adds up..
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

I'd say scope covers or a sling. Maybe a pair of gloves our a head mask even. I know that clothing is something most people overlook till they are sitting in a blind freezing their butt off.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any clothes ammo sling if they aint got one cause I aint got one and dearly want one...any of that stuff and I think they'll like it
Old 12-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first thought was a box of shells. But dang, I'm sure you can even get that for $30 anymore!