Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
BRUISER of a buck down (updated with PICS) >

BRUISER of a buck down (updated with PICS)

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

BRUISER of a buck down (updated with PICS)

Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

no way the deer in mt picture is 105". this deer is much bigger. it dwarfs my dad's 140". im callin 167 give or take 2 inches lol
Old 01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
no way the deer in mt picture is 105". this deer is much bigger. it dwarfs my dad's 140". im callin 167 give or take 2 inches lol

FIRST of all i dont see 105 " mentioned anywhere by me, i SAID the deer is bigger than MY deer, and MY deer im guessing is 115 - 120 "

THIS deer is a VERY nice deer, but 167? i daubt, im gonna say a 150 class buck but 160 i daubt.

like i said this is a very nice buck tho, id be tickled to death to kill him, Im wondering why the horns where cut off tho instead of mounting him?

i def want to see a better picture from straight on of this deer tho
Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

no no no no the deer in MY picture is a 105. sorry im having keyboard problems lately. but your deer might be bigger than you think too i cant really tell how tall he is in the picture but hes deffonatly heavy and has good beams/width
Old 01-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

the antlers where cut off cause at first thought, i couldnt afford to get the head mounted...so i said i guess it had to be a rack mount. then my mom said she would float me the money if i paid her back once i got the job. however while my uncles where drunk as can be they went out there with a saw cause aparently there drunkness didnt get the fact that i want to keep the head. taxidermist said that they believed she could put a head from a diferent deer on and put those antlers on it and no one know the difference
Old 01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by andy da animal
the antlers where cut off cause at first thought, i couldnt afford to get the head mounted...so i said i guess it had to be a rack mount. then my mom said she would float me the money if i paid her back once i got the job. however while my uncles where drunk as can be they went out there with a saw cause aparently there drunkness didnt get the fact that i want to keep the head. taxidermist said that they believed she could put a head from a diferent deer on and put those antlers on it and no one know the difference

u can def, use a different deer cape to mount your deer with but it needs to be a deer that was the same size as yours
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

i was just about to say that. if you know someone who shot a deer they arent mounting im sure they would be willing to give you the cape... just take both to the taxidermist they will take care of the rest

oh and bloodsaw.. im sorry about the miscommunication
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

i was just about to say that. if you know someone who shot a deer they arent mounting im sure they would be willing to give you the cape... just take both to the taxidermist they will take care of the rest

oh and bloodsaw.. im sorry about the miscommunication

no problem but lets do this, i send u a picture, u score it, then in 2 1/2 weeks when i pick up my buck ( hes done but drying ) ill score it and we will see how close u are

and and ill need your email addy to send the pic to
Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

no problem but i'm not sure if its true or not youd have to ask your taxidermist but i heard that during the drying period there is some shrinkage? ive never mounted a deer so i wouldnt know from experience
Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

no problem but i'm not sure if its true or not youd have to ask your taxidermist but i heard that during the drying period there is some shrinkage? ive never mounted a deer so i wouldnt know from experience

there is SLIGHT, VERY SLIGHT, shrinkage, usually the shrinkage is in the spread and the spread ony, because the skull plate shrinks slightly, thus bringing the antlers closer together, on the other buck i have on the wall he was about 15 3/4 inch wide before mounting and not hes about 15 1/2, so u can see how slight it is, usually on a 120 " buck after he dries he might drop down to 119 " or so ( IF THAT )...not a big deal at all

BUT shrinkiage tends to differ from deer to deer, i could send u a pic of a deer that i scored after shrinkage and let u score it also
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

shrinkage at the MOST, will be 1% on a given deer, most time less. Nice buck,, but under 150", def.

Last edited by crokit; 01-21-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.