Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Took GF Hunting Uh OH!!!! >

Took GF Hunting Uh OH!!!!

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Took GF Hunting Uh OH!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Took GF Hunting Uh OH!!!!

I took my girlfriend hunting last weekend she is a freshman like me and you couldnt tell when she got in the stand lol...We got to the stand(coldest hunt Ive had all year)we get up their and she starts talken about school of all things so I go along for 15 minutes than say lets talk about something esle so she talks about basketball finally THANK THE GOOD MAN ABOVE a deer came out so she gets really quiet she looks at me and says can I shoot I say hold on we'll wait awhile(and it wasnt legal)so we wait an hour or so and she starts getting cold so I gave her my coat(i have very thin clothes under it) and start FREEZING worse than ever so we set their awhile and she says lets go so we do...second day she was alot quiter didnt talk much or nuthen than a 5 point steps out she takes the shot and misses she was pretty upset but she'll get it next time just thought i'd share our hunt she has alot of potential for being a hunter that was her first time glad i'm the one that took her....anything i should do different next time?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep it fun, and most importantly............
You can be creative to keep warm LOL.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

just make sure that the next time she wears more clothes and layers. remind her that no matter how cold she got last season....its only going to be colder later in the year. make sure that she gets a good clean broadside shot. if shes as good as you say just keep incouraging her and make sure shes confident.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I was 16 when my husband taught me to shoot and hunt. Make sure she gets plenty of practice so she can hit the what she aims at. Also, warm clothes are vital. I wear children's sizes so effective clothes for me are expensive. But he bought them anyway. Being warm is essential.

Don't forget about the ideal fabric, wool
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats good stuff!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

friction make me heat, you do know that right''?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Have her shoot over the summer to get her acquianted with the gun and the shot kick. Sounds like a good time was had by all
BigBuck95
Old 12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dpj1030 View Post
friction make me heat, you do know that right''?

lol....thanks guys she was shooting good 2 days before she shot I think she just got nervous
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

dang i wish my girlfriend would go with me lol oh and you might wanna wear some heavier clothes lol
Old 01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Spike

wear more clothes. you can always take off when too warm cant add when theres not enough