May The Sheep Be With You" />

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Who Voted?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who Voted?

Wow this thread is getting popular...just got on since yesterday at lunch a lot of people are getting in on this..but anyway, kaibab, I am aware of the definition of gun control. And yes, I agree with reasonable measures, such as what we already have. Keeping guns out of convicted criminals hands and things such as that, yes. Another AWB? No. It might not seem like much at the time, but they will slowly use legislation such as this to chip away at our gun rights piece by piece. One day everythings fine, the next ammo is 100 dollars a box, it takesa month to buy a firearm, and you're left scratching your head wondering where the good times went. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy into a lot of your opinions. I won't bash you here for that, everyones entitled to their opinion, but don't attempt to come on here and portray me as a simpleton because my beliefs are different from yours. While I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, I have not insulted you in any way, and I ask you to do the same. I have noticed several of your posts seem arrogant and patronizing, not just to me but to everyone who disagrees with you. I'm not trying to start a fight with this thread, I'm just throwing my opinion out there. If you'd like a civilized, intelligent debate, I'm all for it. But don't insult my intelligence. There, I'm done with my little rant.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

Wow this thread is getting popular...just got on since yesterday at lunch a lot of people are getting in on this..but anyway, kaibab, I am aware of the definition of gun control. And yes, I agree with reasonable measures, such as what we already have. Keeping guns out of convicted criminals hands and things such as that, yes. Another AWB? No. It might not seem like much at the time, but they will slowly use legislation such as this to chip away at our gun rights piece by piece. One day everythings fine, the next ammo is 100 dollars a box, it takesa month to buy a firearm, and you're left scratching your head wondering where the good times went. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy into a lot of your opinions. I won't bash you here for that, everyones entitled to their opinion, but don't attempt to come on here and portray me as a simpleton because my beliefs are different from yours. While I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, I have not insulted you in any way, and I ask you to do the same. I have noticed several of your posts seem arrogant and patronizing, not just to me but to everyone who disagrees with you. I'm not trying to start a fight with this thread, I'm just throwing my opinion out there. If you'd like a civilized, intelligent debate, I'm all for it. But don't insult my intelligence. There, I'm done with my little rant.

Fair enough…. If I’ve “insulted” you or any other member who is or may be in future participating in this debate, I do apologize, for that was not my intension. But, I would like to point out that there is a fine line between “insulting and questioning” someone’s intelligence; which I did in response to your first post ( which you then quickly corrected ).

So, with that said, let’s proceed to be on topic here……

Um… you mentioned that soon pieces of legislation will be passed that you feel will be “chipping away” at your right to bare arms; so this posses as a question for you: To what extent do you feeling your rights are being “chipped away”, and why exactly do you feel a month is an unacceptable time period of waiting until you receive your purchased fire arm?

BTW: it’s damn near $100 already to go out and by ammo made by Weatherby, for any type of large caliber rifle… such as .270 and up…..

Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Although this debate is staying at respectable level, in which I have no problems so that is good. However, I have noticed some members, whom I will not say, are leaning more to the personal attacks such as ''your spelling is bad, this and that'', etc, etc, and that will not be allowed. So in short, play nice please
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes sir
Old 02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Fair enough…. If I’ve “insulted” you or any other member who is or may be in future participating in this debate, I do apologize, for that was not my intension. But, I would like to point out that there is a fine line between “insulting and questioning” someone’s intelligence; which I did in response to your first post ( which you then quickly corrected ).

So, with that said, let’s proceed to be on topic here……

Um… you mentioned that soon pieces of legislation will be passed that you feel will be “chipping away” at your right to bare arms; so this posses as a question for you: To what extent do you feeling your rights are being “chipped away”, and why exactly do you feel a month is an unacceptable time period of waiting until you receive your purchased fire arm?

BTW: it’s damn near $100 already to go out and by ammo made by Weatherby, for any type of large caliber rifle… such as .270 and up…..
No harm done. As you said, back to the topic. As for my rights being "chipped away", as I was talking about in earlier posts, I feelevery piece of legislation making it harder to own a gun falls into this category. Let me put it in a different perspective. Everybody knows the first amendment. Well, what if it was being attacked? The smallest piece of legislation discriminating against thatamendment would cause most people to raise hell, and rightly so. It is in black and white, stating that every citizen is entitled to free speech, so there is no reason to try and find loopholes in it. So thats why I don't understand why gun owners everywhere are not more animated about their rights being slowly eliminated. We wouldn't even consider restrictions on any other amendment in the Bill of Rights, so why do continue to let our government place restrictions on the second amendment? That is the only amendment in the Bill of Rights that is being attacked. What if laws were passed denying women the right to vote? Or denying african americans the right to vote? Would there not be an uproar all around the country? You all know the answer to that. Of course there would be, and there should be, because those rights are clearly stated. As is the second amendment. It clearly states that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, so I don't see why liberals and anti gun organizations insist upon finding loopholes and exceptions. So why aren't we, as hunters andgun owners, not making our voice heard? That is my question. And I agree with you on one point, ammo prices aregetting ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

No harm done. As you said, back to the topic. As for my rights being "chipped away", as I was talking about in earlier posts, I feelevery piece of legislation making it harder to own a gun falls into this category. Let me put it in a different perspective. Everybody knows the first amendment. Well, what if it was being attacked? The smallest piece of legislation discriminating against thatamendment would cause most people to raise hell, and rightly so. It is in black and white, stating that every citizen is entitled to free speech, so there is no reason to try and find loopholes in it. So thats why I don't understand why gun owners everywhere are not more animated about their rights being slowly eliminated. We wouldn't even consider restrictions on any other amendment in the Bill of Rights, so why do continue to let our government place restrictions on the second amendment? That is the only amendment in the Bill of Rights that is being attacked. What if laws were passed denying women the right to vote? Or denying african americans the right to vote? Would there not be an uproar all around the country? You all know the answer to that. Of course there would be, and there should be, because those rights are clearly stated. As is the second amendment. It clearly states that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, so I don't see why liberals and anti gun organizations insist upon finding loopholes and exceptions. So why aren't we, as hunters andgun owners, not making our voice heard? That is my question. And I agree with you on one point, ammo prices aregetting ridiculous.

First and most importantly, I believe it’s important for us to distinguish an obvious difference between “taking away” ( or in your use of words: chipping away ) and “changing”, ( for better or worse, however you see it. ) because I strongly feel that you and others may be taking this too a further extent than what it really is.

President Obama and his administration nor Congress is going to take our second amendment away…. It simply won’t happen. These pieces of legislation that you speak of, will be put into place for safety and necessity. Taxing ammo ( I feel ) does not make it harder for one to own a fire arm. If people were as patriotic about the second amendment as they claim to be, then this will not affect their lust for fire arms. I know it’s not going to stop me. Weapon bans of fully automatic weapons and police issued weapons, also should not affect your ability to purchase a gun nor your lust of guns………. And for what reason do you need these guns? Fully automatic guns are in no way a necessity for any person of the public… with an opportunity like that, these guns could fall into the wrong hands; which could lead to devastating attacks across the nation.

As far as the rest of amendments listed in the Bill of Rights….. Freedom of speech does not mean that one can just go out yelling profound statements, such as:"Bomb",personal threats of bodily harm to the president,YouSOB, etc…..” Especially in public areas like public and federal buildings, airports, etc……. So in a sense, this “right” has had limitations set upon it………… just like the second amendment will. No chipping away…. Just limitations.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

President Obama and his administration nor Congress is going to take our second amendment away…. It simply won’t happen. These pieces of legislation that you speak of, will be put into place for safety and necessity. Taxing ammo ( I feel ) does not make it harder for one to own a fire arm. If people were as patriotic about the second amendment as they claim to be, then this will not affect their lust for fire arms. I know it’s not going to stop me. Weapon bans of fully automatic weapons and police issued weapons, also should not affect your ability to purchase a gun nor your lust of guns………. And for what reason do you need these guns? Fully automatic guns are in no way a necessity for any person of the public… with an opportunity like that, these guns could fall into the wrong hands; which could lead to devastating attacks across the nation.

[/quote

All right I have been looking at what everyone has been saying for the past few weeks and now it is my turn. The thing is it not that they are not going to take our guns away there is not way in hell possible to do so! But the big deal here is that they are not planning on taking guns away but making it so the rich are the only ones that can buy a gun. The other factor is ammo the is nothing on the books that says they can not take ammo away. Our gov has enough and the right people in office to have it passed so that it is illegal to buy it. These are all possible things that need to be looked at in this time of life. Personally there are other things that our gov needs to worry about then guns and ammo!! The worst part of this all is that the Democrats dont understand yet that no matter what you do the criminals will still have guns and ammo regardless of LAWS they don't. The only things I can really see is the gov wants us to sit there with out protection until the cops come to help. By that time people could be dead.

First of all it is a right as a citizen of the United States to own a Gun so that means we should be able to own what ever gun we want. I don't think everyone needs to run around with a full auto gun but we should still have the ability to purchase one not matter what its a RIGHT WE HAVE!!!!! These guns don't fall in the hands through the public either there is this little thing called the Black Market that these criminals get then from. so its just taking guns away form the citizens. The real deal is you give a inch then they want a mile. So don't give then anything!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

I agree that guns cannot be completely banned. Think of the loss of jobs and industry, which would devastate an economy already taking a nosedive. As for the full automatic weapons you spoke of, I don't see a reason why I need one, but I believe it should be my right to buy one if I choose to. I think what our government fails to realize is that criminals are going to continue to have these illegal weapons no matter how many laws they pass. Thats why they're criminals, they've already shown they have no respect for law and order. So do they really think another gun control bill is going to make them say, uh oh I better not do that. Of course not. All gun control does is endanger the law abiding citizen who needs that gun for protection from these criminals. And as Jome said, when we give an inch they try to take a mile.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 AM

I don't think our government fails to realize anything when it comes to weapons and criminals. Of course these criminals will be able to aquire a fully automatic weapon if desired ( through a lot of work ).... but what government can do is limit the accessibility, making it much harder for the criminal..... even with back ground checks, some of these corrupt gun dealers will sell these fire arms for cold hard cash under the table..... Flat out ban these weapons. The peoples saftey is much more important than yourright to go blast the side of a hill 500 times with a machine gun.

Zach
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 AM

Thats were I will have to disagree is (through a lot of work) these criminals don't work hard at all. Criminals are not the ones that have to go through a back ground check because they know they wont pass. There is this thing I think you missed its call the Black Market. Criminals get a hold of any gun they want to. They don't fill out the paper or agree to follow laws. If anything the gov needs to take hold of the Black Market before they start attacking our rights.

Quick Reply: Who Voted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.