Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Deer Season

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Season

ORIGINAL: Centauri

Horrible. I saw two small does running at full speed 400 yards away, and that was the only thing I saw. If I don't see or shoot any deer in the 2009 hunts, I'm quiting hunting for good.

jeez man seriously your OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong if your never even seeing deer. try scouting more, getting a trail cam, plant a FOOD PLOT to attract deer and get them out of that cover, clear land, just use your imagination and youll see deer
you are wrong about everyone getting deer. i have been hunting for 4 years and have yet to get one. i have seen, and missed[:@] my fair share of deer. but i wouldnt even consider stopping hunting. i love seeing being in the wild and being part of it. i also know a guy who HUNTED 20 YEARS before nailing his first deer. just be patient just seeing deer gets your heart revved up.
this was already said but get a bow, or a crossbow, then you cant hunt a ton more and hunt by yourself, and hunt quietly.
you dont need a hang on or climber to bowhunt, i hunt from a ladder stand with my bow. a little trickier to shoot but they fine.
if the land you hunt is bad find another place to hunt

Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot 4 does this year 3 with a bow, now i just need that 150 plus buck to walk out in front of mei did pass up 3 145" bucks, 2 with gun, one with a bow

here is two ipassedon with a bow

Old 01-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine was great i went hunting 19 times i might go a few more before its all over and i got my best buck to date a 9 pnt UNI
Old 01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

Horrible. I saw two small does running at full speed 400 yards away, and that was the only thing I saw. If I don't see or shoot any deer in the 2009 hunts, I'm quiting hunting for good.

jeez man seriously your OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong if your never even seeing deer. try scouting more, getting a trail cam, plant a FOOD PLOT to attract deer and get them out of that cover, clear land, just use your imagination and youll see deer
you are wrong about everyone getting deer. i have been hunting for 4 years and have yet to get one. i have seen, and missed[:@] my fair share of deer. but i wouldnt even consider stopping hunting. i love seeing being in the wild and being part of it. i also know a guy who HUNTED 20 YEARS before nailing his first deer. just be patient just seeing deer gets your heart revved up.
this was already said but get a bow, or a crossbow, then you cant hunt a ton more and hunt by yourself, and hunt quietly.
you dont need a hang on or climber to bowhunt, i hunt from a ladder stand with my bow. a little trickier to shoot but they fine.
Evan, you bring up a GREAT point. If you're not enjoying it, or it's a hassle to you, then I think you should give it up.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

You do have a good point, but like I said, I know where Wisconsin deer like to lay, and thats in the thick forest to avoid the predators, and taking our ladder stand that far into the woods just can't be done. Its not as easy as you guys think it is. I don't have land to plant a food plot in, and you can't do so on public land. I know you're right about the whole being patient thing. I waited 6 years for my musky, so why shouldn't I have to wait longer for deer?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

I know where Wisconsin deer like to lay, and thats in the thick forest to avoid the predators, and taking our ladder stand that far into the woods just can't be done.
In that case, save your money this year and invest in a good, lightweight climbing stand that you can carry in that far. It'll be worth every penny you spent when you connect with that first deer. Keep trying.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

You turned that doe into Swiss Cheese!

Congratulations on your first bow kill!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

You turned that doe into Swiss Cheese!

Congratulations on your first bow kill!
3 shots, and a slit throat. The first shot clipped one lung, and hit spine. I felt I did the right thing[8D]. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i shot 4 does this year 3 with a bow, now i just need that 150 plus buck to walk out in front of mei did pass up 3 145" bucks, 2 with gun, one with a bow

here is two ipassedon with a bow

whooooooo baby......you have more self-control than I would have had......any of those bucks right there would have been going down if they were under my stand....but, this was my first bow season, so I guess that makes a little bit of a difference....but....wow....nice bucks....lol
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

I know where Wisconsin deer like to lay, and thats in the thick forest to avoid the predators, and taking our ladder stand that far into the woods just can't be done.
In that case, save your money this year and invest in a good, lightweight climbing stand that you can carry in that far. It'll be worth every penny you spent when you connect with that first deer. Keep trying.
OR how about grabbing a couple stools and sitting on the ground i did that for my first two deer and it seemed to work alright not to mention it cost a grand total of $20 to get one

Quick Reply: Deer Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.