Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Censored Hunting Picture >

Censored Hunting Picture

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Censored Hunting Picture

Old 06-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Censored Hunting Picture

For my senior picture I had a picture of me and my first doe right after I gutted it. My arm was a little bloody but you couldn't see the gut pile or anything and the yearbook people cut the deer out of the picture. Have any of you folks had anything similar happen?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Censored Hunting Picture

This happens all over the place. The most memorable that comes to mind is the boy who had his senior picture taken with a broadsword and his picture was refused because it was a weapon. His parents sued the school, and while I don't recommend those drastic (and expensive) measures, I'd voice your opinion and at least ask why. There must be a year book committee at your school, ask whoever is in charge.

I've known lots of kids who had their pictures taken with their guns, deer, etc. and had no problem with it getting in the yearbook, however it depends a lot on where you live. I grew up in a very small town, so those things were acceptable and actually expected here. However, I've known people in suburbs or larger communities with a high anti-hunting population where it was frowned upon and cut out.

I'm sorry that your picture was cut, its a sad world we live in where every little detail of natural life has to be censored to protect the more delicate members of our world who can't take the sight of a little blood.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks man, talk to whoever was in charge
welcome to the forums though
Old 06-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

[:@]That sucks
Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM

Oh my goodness, lets just say i'd be pretty salty and would be saying lots of words that Red Hawk would poof.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks but at least you found this place, welcome!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: camoguy89

For my senior picture I had a picture of me and my first doe right after I gutted it. My arm was a little bloody but you couldn't see the gut pile or anything and the yearbook people cut the deer out of the picture. Have any of you folks had anything similar happen?
Is it possible for you to post this picture?

I would like to see the picture before I offered my opinion on this.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 PM

it says it's too big to upload. i would have said something to the teacher but it would have been bad. the people i knew in the class couldn't do anything about it either. the school was terrible lotsa dirty hippy pot smokin teachers all the hippies from the 60's had kids and they are a bunch of pansies like Meathead and Gloria from all in the family.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: camoguy89
it says it's too big to upload. i
Shrink it...
Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha you know your a redneck when you have a picture of yourself and a deer you killed in your year book......thte funny part is, in my year book for some reason there is a pic of me when im like five holding a buck my dad shot and thats in the year book too hahaha

Quick Reply: Censored Hunting Picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.