Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Disscusion

Old 11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Disscusion

hunt24.7 wants to liven the place up a bit, so here we can debate argue argree and such.
what do you think of global warming? is it a hoax to get people to spend more money on more exspensive energy sources? is it just the earths natural cycle? are we all going to die?j/k.what do you think? what are you doing to help/not help
say what you like, but keep it clean
Old 11-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Default RE: Disscusion

i really dont know
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Little Doe Peep

Climate change is obviously real. The spot where my family is right now was covered by an enormous glacier several hundred feet thick.

This glacier formed this whole northern area of the country along with the Great Lakes. It's gone now. What happened to it? Global warming of course.

So is there global warming? Climate change? Of course. Are we causing it.Absolutely not.

There are a number of qualified scientists who are publishing research which takes the human caused climate change theory apart. But, there is no value to the media in publishing it. No shock/scare value.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I admit, I don't pay much attention to all that but I do believe all the stuff we are putting in the air and such is going to eventually mess up our planet.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

I admit, I don't pay much attention to all that but I do believe all the stuff we are putting in the air and such is going to eventually mess up our planet.
To an extent, you're right. But we're also making a lot of progress. I learned that Lake Erie was once thought to be more or less permanently dead. But now it's one of the premier walleye fisheries. They even hold fishing tournaments for professional walleye fishermen on Lake Erie. (Now that's an appealing profession.) The new diesel fuel formulation will result in a tremendous reduction in pollution by commercial vehicles. Low sulfur coal, recycling, increased gas mileage in private cars, all suggest we are moving in the right direction. Most home appliances are "energy saving."

Now if we could only get fast food patrons to stop throwing their refuse out alongside the road.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally do not believe in global warming. I do however believe in climate change. I think that for the most part it is a natural process, we've been through several warming trends and ice ages in earth's history. I do think that humans are adding to the problem, but we have to remember that we do not control everything. We are at the mercy of mother nature, so to speak, and we will have the same fate as all the rest of earth's creatures. One day, we will go extinct, the last of us will die, and earth's next great creature will rise up.

Have we become so pompus that we think we are both the problem and the solution? We create ships that are unsinkable, yet they sink, walls that are unbreakable, yet the break, steel that is unbendable, yet it bends and falls. We are creatures on this earth, and nothing more.

Like Daddyslittlegirl said, I do believe we are stepping in the right directions. What we really need to do is safeguard our water sources. Stop polluting rivers, streams, lakes and ponds, because that water is all we are given for thirst, and the animals here for our hunger.

If you look at earth's entire history, we are nothing but a blip. A mere second in a lifetime.

The earth was previously much hotter than it is now. Most of the planet was jungle. Since that time, the earth cooled. It could just be that we are witnessing it warming back up. I'll leave it to the earth to decide what it wants to do, humans can't stop it. I'll just do what our species does best, adapt.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Banned

Google the "1,500 year cycle". It will answer alot of questions concerning Earth's natural cycles.

There is one scientific law that puts a large kink in any man-made global warming theory.

And that law is...

"It takes far less energy for water to heat air, than for air to heat water."

Man contributes 0.003% of the CO2 into the atmosphere.

Anybody want to take a guess at what the leading greenhouse gas is? Anybody? Most think CO2. That would be wrong. The leading greenhouse gas is actually water vapor. Now how are we supposed to control water vapor with 75% of the Earth is covered in water?

I just ordered "Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming" by Patrick J. Michaels last week. After I read it, I should be able to provide more insight into this discussion. Everything I just said there were some little facts that I remember from my Environmental Seminar class in college.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Bubbahoo18

Google the "1,500 year cycle". It will answer alot of questions concerning Earth's natural cycles.

There is one scientific law that puts a large kink in any man-made global warming theory.

And that law is...

"It takes far less energy for water to heat air, than for air to heat water."

Man contributes 0.003% of the CO2 into the atmosphere.

Anybody want to take a guess at what the leading greenhouse gas is? Anybody? Most think CO2. That would be wrong. The leading greenhouse gas is actually water vapor. Now how are we supposed to control water vapor with 75% of the Earth is covered in water?

I just ordered "Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming" by Patrick J. Michaels last week. After I read it, I should be able to provide more insight into this discussion. Everything I just said there were some little facts that I remember from my Environmental Seminar class in college.
Yes, please post the information after you read the book. I've read enough to know that much of what I hear from the media is propaganda. But I don't really have time to get into deep research on the details.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

huntingirl89, arent u areligiousperson? i dont think God is gonna make another creature in this world like us.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Discussion

I believe very strongly in science and evolution. Its factual, can be proven, and is visible.

Miracles and God are another matter. This is my separation of church and state. I interpret the works of God differently than others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.