Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 hunting alone >

hunting alone

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

hunting alone

Old 11-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Default RE: hunting alone

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

About 13. I used to ride my bike down to a hunting spot few miles away. I was "pulled" over once by the Police to make sure i had my hunting license
haha, i can imagen his first thought when he saw a 13 year old riding a bike with a gun....

that brings a thought...is there a way to make a gun rack on a bike?
you could really get to a place in a remote place faster...then just park it in a brush pille or something....just a thought
Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol yeah i'm sure he had a strange thought at first glance. At that time i lived in a real small town and was on the outskirts of it. I had to maybe go through three blocks worth of houses but all knew that my dad and I were avid hunters so they didn't think much of it. I think that day just by chance the officer was there. I used toride toone of the many, many canals we had out there.The fact that my dad was chief of police at the time probably helped me out too

As for putting rack on a bike? yeah i think you could do it. I don't remember what kindof bike i had other then that itwasan BMX type. All i did was was have it strapped to my back, held in place by my packback so it wouldn't bounce around as i was riding. I had shells in my backpack. I had a couple of sandwich bags with me so any dove that i got, i wouldn't have to worry about getting blood in BP since It was the same one i used to go to school with. If i was going to take my .22, i did the same thing although it was easier to carry then my shotgun. The bullet cases were in myBP as well
Old 11-16-2006, 10:00 AM

16 cause the my dad wanted me to get to know the country side really well before cutting me lose cause its really easy to get turned around in the area i hunt in and if i start heading the wrong direction ill be in the mountains in no time and lost for good.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

12 or 13
Old 11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

9 or 10 and i am glad i started by myself that early becayuse i would be regretting it if i had to do it all over again now i just remember i was scared to death the first 6 or 7 times i did it then i realized i had more of a chance of being struck by lightning than being eatin by a bear
Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: KonaBoy

16.....cause thats the law in Ontario
ya too bad

Old 11-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know when I was younger then 10, i used to go out in the backyard armed with my trusty O' Red Ryder BB Gun and a flashlight and killed cockroaches. I think i got about 30 in one night, was some good huntin'
Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

i think i was 12 when i started sitting by myself
Old 11-19-2006, 11:47 AM

I started at a young age with BB guns and the like. Now that I am a waterfowl hunter, it will be like a month or two before I am allowed to go in a a month. After I get a bit more experiance under my belt.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:58 PM

ive walked around by myself once or twice but i like hunting in groups. ive never gone hunting without somebody cause im only 15 and dont drive and im 60 miles away from the nearest hunting area. as soon as i can drive, im gonna go afterschool everyday.

Quick Reply: hunting alone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.