Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

mission trip

Old 08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default mission trip

i got back from a week long mission trip in kokomo,IN. the person's house i was working on was a lady in her early/mid 40's. she could only walk with two canes so some orginization(can't remember name) bought her an electric chair but didn't give her any way to get it in and out of her house so one of our projects was to build her a ramp by her back door. but the first day we worked on patching the siding and primed the back and one side of the house. we were using ladders and we left them in side of the house and she had to leave the door open to charge her chair. the policedrove by and saw the ladders and thought that she had stollen themand was selling them for drug moneyso they raided the house and herr grand daughter was asleep. they called the ladys daughter and told her to come get her daughterin twenty minutes ar they we're calling the child services to come get her. so the next day we were wondering were the granddaughter was but the site leader told us the storyand said that we were going to build the ramo in fiv hours but it tool us six to finish it.fust thought you guyswould like to hear/read this story.

youngbuck

p.s. the sission trip was sponseredby a church called lutheran shursh of our reddemer.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mission trip

Thats reallly cool that you did that. our chruch sends ppl to mississppi evry couple months to help but i havent been able to get down there yet.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Default RE: mission trip

Yea I've done things like that with my church. Last year we went to western NY and this year we went to the great lakes. Nothing too exciting has happened like you had but they were fun. In western NY we built a deck with a ramp and this year we put an alumnium roof on a mobile home painted it and put on skirting. Then we also finished putting shingles on another roof. The shingles we did half the house in 6 hours with the help of 10 people. Hope you had fun!