Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

research...

Old 05-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default research...

Wow... lots of young people here... I feel old. I used to frequent this and other forums at huntingnet. Been about 5 yearsat leastsince I was really into it though, a cursory glance at thethreadsreveal no names that I remember...I supose I don't really fitinto the "young hunters"group anymore though... but it'sgood to see the board is still going strong!

I do have a motive for posting here other than just to re-visit my past however.

I havesome questions for you all.
I am collecting data for some reasearch that I am doing, and would like as many responses as possible. The nature of the question(s) may be such that you do not want to share the answer(s)openly with the rest of the forum, I will provide my e-mail adress and you can answer the questions that way if it makes you more comfortable... here is what I would like to know.

#1 age (I only can use data from people age25 and under)

#2 plans for college (Attending, not attending, plan to attend, do not plan to attend...)

#3what religion would you claim to be a part of? (eg. Christian, Hindu, Athiest, ect.)

#4 What level of devotion or conviction would you claim to have to your said beliefs?
(eg. a nominal hindu is one who is a hindu in name only, and probably only considers himself a hindu, becuase that is the culture he/she grew up in, and may or may not truely believethe religious teachings ofhis/her "faith". a devout hindu would be one who believes firmly in his faith,engages regularily in the practice of his faith, and is willing and able toclearly explain, and defend his faith to detractors. these are the two extremes, be as specific as you can.)

#5 your parents claimed beliefs, and what you would say is there level of devotion/conviction.

Well, that's it for now; however, depending on the responses I get here I may wish to go into greater detail with some of you. rest asured, I am not going to try to "convert you" or convince you of anything at all, if you do agree to be interviewdat greater length, I will be gathering data only.

My e-mail adress is [email protected]

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: research...

#2 plans for college (Attending, not attending, plan to attend, do not plan to attend...)

#3what religion would you claim to be a part of? (eg. Christian, Hindu, Athiest, ect.)

#4 What level of devotion or conviction would you claim to have to your said beliefs?
(eg. a nominal hindu is one who is a hindu in name only, and probably only considers himself a hindu, becuase that is the culture he/she grew up in, and may or may not truely believethe religious teachings ofhis/her "faith". a devout hindu would be one who believes firmly in his faith,engages regularily in the practice of his faith, and is willing and able toclearly explain, and defend his faith to detractors. these are the two extremes, be as specific as you can.)

#5 your parents claimed beliefs, and what you would say is there level of devotion/conviction.
1.) 22
2.) I'm currently enrolled and attending college.
3.) I'm an Evangelical Christian.
4.) I know what I believe and why I do. Whether my parents or friends believe the way I do, I'll stick to my beliefs. I'd say that I'm strongly convicted about what's right and wrong. And that there are in fact...rights and wrongs. As far as what you're asking for, I'm a talking and walking person. I try to back up what I believe with my actions.
5.) My parents beliefs come by the way mine do. They are strong in what they believe and why. I think I'd be different if I'd grown up in a house where the belief system wasn't securely founded and so strong.

By the way Osprey...good to see you making it back to the boards, even if just for a little while.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

my age is 19

i plan on going to Missouri State University for wildlife managment and conservation

Christian

I know what i belive because of personal experience. I would be a fool to not accept it.

My parents beliefs are the same. My dad is a pastor at Christian Life Center Assemblies of God. My whole family shares the same beliefs.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. Age: 28 (i figured i might as well do this since i am only three years over)

2. No plans for college although i should have

3. Athiest

4. Seen too much bad stuff going on in the world and in my life to believe. Other then that, don't have any particular reason. However, i have morals

5. Most of my family aren't religious so i grew up that way
Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

under 25

Enrolled in college- Fourth Semester

Devout Atheist

Being in the medical field, I have found explainatioins for NDEs, ect. that simply leads to cerebral anoxia and/or hypoxia. I also read the bible several times over and view it as nothing more than a work of delicate fictions. I do not dispute whether Jesus existed or not, he very well may have, but do I believe he was the product of an immaculate conception? Why, those words are an oxymoron.

My father is Sauk and my mother is Methodist, through nominal affiliation only.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 PM

well, nice to see everyone again, its been about a year.

attending college
Catholic
kinda questioning everything, you know how it is
my parents are devout catholics
Old 05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

well, thank you all for the responses thus far.
to anyone who hasnt posted yet, I can still use you!! the more the better!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:18 AM

1. 16

2. plan to attend college in 2 years

3. Lutheran

4. I have no idaea

5. its high