Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Archery Research ? >

Archery Research ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Archery Research ?

Old 04-05-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Archery Research ?

I am new to the site and to Bowhunting. I've been looking at alot of different bows, but just haven't decided on one yet ? i've read what alot of you have had to say about a few of the bows out there. Although i haven't really heard too much about the AR line of bows. Anyone have any experience with these bows? How do they compare?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Archery Research ?

Budriser,

I've shot the AR bows and found them to be quiet and smooth shooting.
Second only to Mathews in quietness among hunting bows in my experience.
Others have said they had lots of handshock but not the ones I have shot.
There were problems with risers cracking on last year's models but PSE addressed the problem and beefed them up.
No more cracked risers anymore.
IMO, the AR's are the best looking Mathews style long risered paralled limb bows ever made.
They are very cool looking to me.

Sag.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

A cool pic from a movie.

Sag.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the AR 34 and found it to be exactly as Sagittarius say's very smooth with no hand shock ,i almost bought one last season but i wasn't very happy with it's lack of speed . I did hear that they had problem's with thier riser's cracking last season but yes I've also heard that it's been corrected. good luck on your choice but AR is a very nice bow in my opinion.

nubo
Old 04-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you know AR = PSE. They are one and the same.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Sagittarius

A cool pic from a movie.

Sag.

What movie is that?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:54 AM

I've shot quite a few a well. Very nice. The one liked the best had the entire Sims modular stab system running down the riser. Probably added a full pound and change to the weight but this thing is rock solid and deadly quiet.

Not a real speed demon, but quick enough. I would have picked one up by now but prefer dually's or a cam.5 option...which they are bringing out very soon.

The shop down the street here is the #1 seller of AR in Michigan (he doesn't carry anything else) and the owners a friend of mine. As soon as the hybrid cams hit the shelf I may have a new bow

He did seem to have problems with some of the strings last year, but no riser issues from the ones he's sold. He didn't start carrying them till July last year though.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the replies, some good info to think about. I'm not too sure what movie it's from though? If it's in a movie it must be the best right? she sold me!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:30 PM

The movie is the new Blade movie and I shot the AR 37 Ram & 1/2 on the weekend and it is the nicest bow I've shot and very fast. My personnal bow is a 2003 Hoyt.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:19 AM

nubo, I was also looking at the AR 34 but have not shot one. I was wondering if you could quantify "lack of speed" I would appreciate any help.
ORIGINAL: nubo

I shot the AR 34 and found it to be exactly as Sagittarius say's very smooth with no hand shock ,i almost bought one last season but i wasn't very happy with it's lack of speed . I did hear that they had problem's with thier riser's cracking last season but yes I've also heard that it's been corrected. good luck on your choice but AR is a very nice bow in my opinion.

nubo

Quick Reply: Archery Research ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.