Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
should i pass up a doe >

should i pass up a doe

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

should i pass up a doe

Old 10-13-2002, 04:17 PM

Default should i pass up a doe

should a 12 year old pass up a doe or a small buck???

e-mail me back at [email protected]
Old 10-13-2002, 04:50 PM

Default RE: should i pass up a doe

If he or she can legally take it go ahead, it comes down to if the hunter wants to pass up or not.

Old 10-14-2002, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

It is up to the hunter if they want to pass it then pass it.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:33 PM

I've been hunting since I was 12 and for four years, I have yet to kill a deer. Killed pleanty of other animals, but never killed a deer. I wouldn't pass up any legal deer. Doe are illegal here, must be atleast a 1x2 or above.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:10 PM

im 14 and been huntin since i was 6 and ive passed up plenty of doe
specially in rut. it depens if ur hunting all season or just a couple of days. if all season, u really dont want to get one first couple of weeks cause bucks co after doe and tha bucks the troqhey

but good luck anyway

justin thorn
Old 10-14-2002, 08:10 PM

thats couse not co

justin thorn
Old 10-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you wanna shoot a doe go for it. We have a 3 point rule here so most of the bucks you see are illegal to shoot anyways. I've shot 2 does and a buck. Doe's put meat in the freezer, hunting an old doe can be just as challenging as hunting a buck, and it's not cheating, it's personaly preference. If all you've seen are does in the area, then take a few of them, the buck/doe ratio is outta whack in most areas anyways. Good luck huntin.

"If a lie is repeated often enough, the gullible public will eventually believe it." -- Paul Joseph Goebbels (Chief Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda for Adolph Hitler)
Old 10-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ahunter_in_X1, how is sick to shoot a doe? What is wrong with it? Here where I hunt, the doe to buck population is way out of whack, so what is wrong whit shooting a doe? Mature does can be as much of a challenge as bucks, and they taste better anyways. Plus YOU CANNOT EAT ANTLERS! So killmantim, if you get a chance at shooting a doe, take it and be proud for it. Especially for a first deer. Small buck, well that is up to you, if it would be your first buck, I say, let er rip. Good luck.

Old 10-16-2002, 04:36 PM

ahunter, ahunter, ahunter, what is with you? "Only Real Men Shoot Bucks" what the hell is that!!!!!! Im 27 shot plent of deer in the last 13 years of hunting and many have been does, not only am I a hunter I am a licensed guide as well, I think you need to remember what hunting is all about. It's not a competition it's a sport, and if you only in for it for the competition then you need to retake hunters education, the real philosophy of hunting does is "hunt does much, shoot does often!" This is the actual deer management that you are over looking, I know it's not legal in your state to shoot does but it is in 90% of the United States, A REAL MAN HUNTS FOR THE SPORT AND ITS GUYS LIKE YOU THAT TAKE THE SPORT OUT OF IT, maybe you should join your local DNR, because you would fit right in with an attitude like that!!!!! Either hunt for the sport or saty on the porch!!!

Quick Reply: should i pass up a doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.