Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

War in iraq?

Old 10-18-2005, 09:58 AM

Default RE: War in iraq?

ORIGINAL: pa_yote_hunter

I think that it was right to go over there. We dont know if there where never any weapons of mass distruction there or not. They could have easily been mived out of the country.

I think our troops are doing a fine job over there. They knew the possiblities of going to war when they joined the army....cause thats what an army does!.....

I think that we focus to much attention over there. But i am not the president. there are things that he knows that we will never know, so there might be a good reason for all of this.

I just dont want to know how it would have been if kerry was in office
oh my gosh i completely agree with you! i'm glad i ain't the only one ha!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:52 PM

Boy do i agree with that We'd be F*(k*d if kerry was in, what do you think about the whole hilary thing [:'(]
Old 10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Saddam is crazy enough to be considered a weapon of mass destruction.
100% could not agree more with you pahunter.

just b/c we never found WMDs doesnt mean they werent there. they were there, its just that they got em moved out of the country before we could find them
Old 10-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

deer slayer- thanks to your brothers for fighting to keep america free.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:50 AM

thank you, just keep us in your prayers!! my oldest brother came home yesterday but he is onlyback for two weeks then has to go back again but atleast we get to see him!!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. there never were.
That is not a true statement. Hussein gassed thousands of Kurds in the 90's. And in May of 03 The Polish army found a stockpile of missles armds with Cyclosarin. Which is a nerve agent. Search ABC News.com and search for "POLISH ARMY IN IRAQ"

Bottom line is that in Jan of 91 the congress declared war on Iraq. We signed a ceasr fire agreement not a peace treaty in the same year. Iraq violated that agreement for 8 years by firing on our jets enforcing the no fly zone almost daily. He starved and tortured his people and collaborated with terrorists according to the 911 commission report. He violated UN security council resolutions on at least 17 counts. So the CEASE FIRE was ended and we resumed hostilities that he never ended.

So the result is that UN resolutions are now being enforced, he was removed from power, the government of Iraq will be one of their choosing, they are no longer an active pursuant of Nuclear weapons and a madman dictator can no longer pursue genocide against the Kurds.

I for one say that all these people that you say you care so much about have accomplished a great deal more than nothing.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

He also tortured his national soccer team when they lost.
He lived in palaces made of marble and gold.
His people lived in poverty, often with no heat and other modern things you and I take for granted.
Iraq is better off now then it was under Saddam.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we did the right thing by overtaking Saddam's power. However, we have enough of our own problems in this country, and I think we need to be concentrating our money and efforts on our country. We need to fix our own corrupt government and democracy before we go trying to enstate it in Iraq, where I think it will fail. JMHO though.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 AM

i don't think america being over there is going to change the way of the people. they are still going to blow themselves up since thats what they love to do. its all in their heads and isnt going to change. we can't pull out now and fix what dumb a*s bush messed up. if we pull out now all other countries will think they can beat us too and we'll have more attacks on the us.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

i believe we went into this war for two reasons. one, to finish daddy's business and get attention from his father. maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a child... lord knows he sure drank a lot. and his children aren't exactly bundles of joy either. two, he's covering up the taliban mess. he failed the country. he screwed up big time and over 2,000 people died because of his fail to action. then all of a sudden the big bad man disappeared (bin laden) and where did he go? nobody knows... I KNOW! lets distract the american people... they're stupid and gullible... if we just draw their attention over here a little bit they'll forget this whole little mess in the mean time. meanwhile, spain, england,... lets just say europe is now suffering because of his fail to action. he doesn't want the american people to know that in a little way, the taliban are winning.they're more cunning than ever because they have time. their initial aim was to strike fear in the hearts of americans.. to never let them feelquite safe. we've let them have that victory with our own news media. we have terror alert warnings, red days, orange days, green days, yellow days, blue days, mauve days, whatever! new threats popping up every day... people afraid to fly, take the subway, trains, anything communter because we're not sure where they'll strike next. he doesn't want you to know that he doesn't know what to do.... so IRAQ IRAQ IRAQ!!!!

Right on. Couldn't say it better myself. The thing that really bugs me is this war got piggy-backed on the war in Afghanistan. We started looking for the leader of the Taliban, then all the sudden were in Iraq fighting the "axis of evil"? For whatever reasons were there its not because Saddam hit the WTC. BTW, seen much about our progress in Afghanistan lately?We need to change Bin-Laden's name to Waldo. Have you seen him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.