Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

War in iraq?

Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: War in iraq?

hunter jere, that was a very bold thing to say on a forum like this. not too many people will agree with you as i have seen already. you are now subject to scrutiny, slander and possibly an ambush by the rightists here... but i couldn't agree with you more.

there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. there never were. g.w.shrub never cared for those poor people. if you remember the initial news media before the attack it was ONLY about the "WMDs". the people are just a propoganda to make him look special. as soon as things started looking bad and soldiers started getting killed he pasted up those posters of bleeding women, naked children and people trampling saddam's statues faster than you can even say weapons of mass destruction... i've lost a lot of good friends and family in this war OF terror. what i've heard of this bloody mess is nothing that you see on the news. on the news you see soldiers with american flags, happy iraqis, little kids playing soccer with a ball that was bought from the suffering of children in thailand working in sweatshops (which is perfectly acceptable to americans... of course we can't send children to war or allow other countries to do that but we can exploit them and make them suffer for a dime a week trying to support their families at 6 years old while we make millions and our children get fat on ice cream and television) but thats not the real picture. if the iraqis are so HAPPY to have us over there, then why are there these things called insergents? why do they kill americans if they are happy to see them? why are there more and more caskets covered in american flags coming home to mothers wives and children with no explaination of why they were really there? why doesn't bush look just a little bit sadder on america's memorial day?

i believe we went into this war for two reasons. one, to finish daddy's business and get attention from his father. maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a child... lord knows he sure drank a lot. and his children aren't exactly bundles of joy either. two, he's covering up the taliban mess. he failed the country. he screwed up big time and over 2,000 people died because of his fail to action. then all of a sudden the big bad man disappeared (bin laden) and where did he go? nobody knows... I KNOW! lets distract the american people... they're stupid and gullible... if we just draw their attention over here a little bit they'll forget this whole little mess in the mean time. meanwhile, spain, england,... lets just say europe is now suffering because of his fail to action. he doesn't want the american people to know that in a little way, the taliban are winning.they're more cunning than ever because they have time. their initial aim was to strike fear in the hearts of americans.. to never let them feelquite safe. we've let them have that victory with our own news media. we have terror alert warnings, red days, orange days, green days, yellow days, blue days, mauve days, whatever! new threats popping up every day... people afraid to fly, take the subway, trains, anything communter because we're not sure where they'll strike next. he doesn't want you to know that he doesn't know what to do.... so IRAQ IRAQ IRAQ!!!!

i support those men and women fighting over there more than probably most people on this board. every single week i send cookies, magazines, shoes for the kids, iced tea mix, ect ect ect ect. so don't tell me that i don't support those people. i love them. i have two cousins our of 5 still over there. two are dead, one is maimed for life. i have 18 friends over there (they were all in one of my classes). so don't even begin with me about not caring for the soldiers.

war on terror... thats what i see on CNN... since when is it logical to fight terror with terror? to end the reign of nuclear arms with bombs? to stop killing husbands and brothers and sons by making women widows and childless? operation iraqi freedom? an oxymoron. not too long ago i watched a movie called the siege. much the same. tell me how we're freeing these people by locking them up based on the fact that they fit a description that matches millions of men? that would never do here in america. how is it that we are trying to create a democracy over there when we're bashing the hell out of our own constitution in another country? why does our constitution only apply on american soil? shouldn't it apply in all american situations? i think so.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:09 PM

i'm all for patriotism and for supporting our troops, i have even thought about enlisting in the army... I have 5 friends over there that were in my sisters class, and it is scary to think about them coming home in a wooden box with a red, white, and blue flag draped over their casket. I'm not too knowledgible about the whole situation, so I can't say too much, but I do think that g.w.b. is finding new reasons to stay over there... just kind of searching for new ideas to tell us so that way we might still support the war... I will always support our troops, stand up,take my hat off andput it over my heart when the national anthem is playing for as long as I live. I will always be proud to be an American until the day I die.... I just don't know about this war...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:50 PM

Ill support it as long as its going on. I personally dont like war, but sometimes its what you have to do. Im very greatful for the men and women fighting for me right now. However, i have nothing against foreign countries and how they govern themselves, because it doesnt really involve me over here(ignorant sounding, i know). We base our beliefs on how are government has always been. Its kind of the old philosophical saying of, "We catch our beliefs the same way we catch a cold." Our government thinks we should try to inact a democracy in a country thats always been ruled by a dictatorship. I've been to Dubai, which is in the U.A.E(United Arab Emerites). Its below Oman, and above Saudi. I shopped in stores owned by Osama Bin Laden. Didnt know that at the time till my friend who lives there told me. The culture over there is very different than what we as americans are use to, and the natives over there think we're the goofy ones, just like we do them(some people, not all). After 9/11, we went to war with Al Queida, and proceded to move further and further from our original goal. In some ways, i feel we're launching a 21st century crusade amongst the Muslim community. Im all for helping any human being in need, but sometimes they dont want our help. Im all for launching a counter strike when someone intinially tries to harm us and plans on doing even more damage. What im not to keen for, is trying to stick our nose where it doesnt belong. I know a lot of this really doesnt have a straight YES or NO answer on where i stand on the war, but its not really suppose to either. Our society is so convoluted with media and others opinions, not to mention the culture in which we each live, thats its almost impossible to have a straight answer for every action taken. Im just glad i live somewhere where i can write this kind of stuff where anyone online can look at it, and no i wont get arrested in the morning, and i have soldiers to thank for that.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Saddam is crazy enough to be considered a weapon of mass destruction.
He was kind of like the Hitler of the Middle East.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:13 PM

canada rules what? the maple tree? woods? anywho i agree with most of you here!

2 more years till i join the military!

USA USA USA!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Im right there with you Nevergiveup08Its something that needs to be done... D*mn canadians...
Old 10-13-2005, 07:27 PM

aint that the truth fish n chicks lol, anyone have aim, aol, or anything els like that? mine for nevergiveup0690

or nevergiveup08@hotmail or [email protected]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think theres another thread with everyone's AIM/MSN names, do a search for it.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 PM

hey hunting girl you say you have two cousins out of five over in Iraq....try having all FOUR of your brothers over there..... it's really hard to not want to listen to the news just to see if your brother's battalion or company got attacked and i hate it it scares me everytime i turn on FOX i don't look at the tv just listen and pray to God that all of them are ok.... I have one that is a paratrooper, one that is a marine, one that is on a submarine that transports marines and others back and forth to the closest ports to iraq and to the US and i have one that is also in the Navy but is on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean and none of them can contact each other but my mother and i send them anything we can to remind them of home and that we all love them and are proud of them........ i guess my point is that i wish this thing could end so all of my big brothers can come home i haven't seen them since 2 years ago and they haven't been home for my birthday my mom's my dad's or theirs or christmas in forever (well it feels that way)!!

p.s. my brothers are only 22,23,24,&21!!! i hope they come home soon!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that it was right to go over there. We dont know if there where never any weapons of mass distruction there or not. They could have easily been mived out of the country.

I think our troops are doing a fine job over there. They knew the possiblities of going to war when they joined the army....cause thats what an army does!.....

I think that we focus to much attention over there. But i am not the president. there are things that he knows that we will never know, so there might be a good reason for all of this.

I just dont want to know how it would have been if kerry was in office

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.