Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

75 DAY CORN

Old 05-07-2005, 04:25 PM

Default RE: 75 DAY CORN

E-mail me your address and I'll send you some if you want...I am not using round-up ready this year because I've been using it for several years now and am afraid that the weeds are going to start to build up a tolerance to it...I'm trying some Mycogen Hybrid Corn Seed this year that is herbicide ready but is only tolerant to products from BASF or known as Clearfield Protective Systems...I would stick to the idea of using a certified seed so you can spray it and get the most out of it and not use a garden brand...The seed I have is also a 114 day seed so might not be what your looking for...You can also spray the soil with atrozyine (not sure of the spelling) before the corn comes up and it will take care of some of your weed problem when used as a preemergent...Good Luck...
Old 05-09-2005, 05:17 AM

Default RE: 75 DAY CORN

ALWYSHNTN, Thanks for the offer but the 114 day corn won't make it. To long a season and to short of days without frost. But thanks alot anyway. I want to thank everyone for their help. I'm going to try going to a local farmer to buy a coffee can of seed.