Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

QDMA certification.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Default RE: QDMA certification.

Ron give me a call. I'll e-mail you. I'm a member of QDMA.
ORIGINAL: RonM

Is there such a thing as QDMA certification, as for planting crops for deer and other wildlife, if so what could I do to get certified,so that I can lay out the plans and implement them as well. Thanks for any help.....
Old 03-23-2005, 07:49 AM

From what I can tell, there is no "certification" as such. The QDMA site has information on implementation of a QDMA approach and how to go about employing QDM. Read all you can as well.

As you can see from many answers on this issue, there is a lot of bad information, misinterpretations, and misunderstanding of QDM. Many people have no idea what is invoolved but they have opinions and can tell you all they think they know....which is in fact very little and pure garbage.

QDM is not planting a food plot.
QDM is not shooting every doe.
QDM is not passing every buck.

If Ive leared anything as I read more about QDM, its that you need to have a big picture understanding of the goals first...then you need to understand the situation you currently have. After that, using good management practices in habitat and harvest, you should see improvements.

You also need a filter...one that ignores the naysayers, the kill em all hunters, those who could care less about quality or who equate QDM with horn size, etc.

Good luck....its worth it to help formulate change for the betterment of the sport, even if you have to take a few arrows in the process.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:40 AM

Hello Ron,
Back with info. I have been working hard/long hours myself. Ok QDMA northeast director Kip Adams, Knoxville, PA [email protected] or e-mail me for his phone # or try Dennis Campbell Mid-Atlantic region Waynesboro, VA [email protected]. Last but not least call Chip West at 302-238-0137 he is in charge of the Delaware Branch.

Hope this helps. They just had a dinner in January.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan