Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

cheating

Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cheating

Well said Cardeer. The main purpose of the plots should be to improve deer nutrition. If you work out how many pounds of beef Farmhunter (any many others) could produce from the plots that he puts in I think it's way more than the pounds of deer that he harvests. The difference helps the overall herd. Is it better to hunt public land where you never put anything back in to help the herd?

Dan O.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:30 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

food plots, baiting. None of it bothers me. bait is illegal here so I don't use it, and I hunt public land so I don't do food plots either. But I don't have any problem with it. Let the DNR make the rules and I'll stick to killing the deer.

David
Old 11-15-2004, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: dpv

I'll stick to killing the deer.

David
It sounds to me alot of people are out there to inflict pain on an animal or just the thrill of killing somthing. No wonder them anti hunting groups attack us hunters. What happened to people hunting for the thrill of the hunt? soem of my best hunting memories are times that i edident harvest a animal at all....
Old 11-20-2004, 10:48 PM

Wally83,

Your posts are interesting... and to be honest, almost sound like someone with an anti hunting spin. Originally you beat up different forms/styles of hunting and now your starting up on the previous post with a "killing" focused comment. If you quoted the entire sentence "Let DNR make the rules and I'll stick to killing deer." It takes the punch right out of your "killing" themed post. Your right, hunting isn't all about the "kill" or harvest (pc version) of an animal. It's the challenge involved with the harvest; the friendships established with folks of common interest. I believe all hunters share this belief in some form or fashion. Just because it isn't stated in every post doesn't mean it's not so. I can't recall any post I've read on this or other forums that suggest a hunter enjoys "inflicting pain" on anything.

Yeap, something is fishy with your posts and I believe farm hunter picked up on it as well.

Happy Hunting Wally83, whatever it is you hunt... easter eggs maybe.

MD Piney
Old 11-22-2004, 09:07 AM

MD Piney,

BITE ME
Old 11-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. That is a very intelligent response.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Piney I believe you nailed it...
Old 12-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Baiting here in Wisconsin is legal, but you are only allowed to put 1 - 2 gallon bait pile per 40 acers. I do not bait, but I am here to tell you the 2 gallon limit is not obeyed by very many hunters, nor is the 40 acre rule. Where I hunt in Northeast Wi. there are so many bait piles on the neighbors property that as soon as the last crop of alfalfa was taken off on the property I hunt the deer vanished. There was still all kinds of sign but no deer sightings. The neighbor w/ all the bait did not see many more. You know why, they went nocturnal!!! The normal travel patterns have been changed. These guys are putting 100# of corn out at one time. That's approx. 15 gallons on 4 different locations on 40 acers. The DNR now knows of this also. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to baiting but it does change the way deer act. Sorry for the venting, but it is frustrating to the hunters who abide by the laws.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:00 PM

Not cheating, the biggest bucks come out with only precious seconds of light left.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:36 AM

food plots is a mamagment thing by making deer herds biger healther i see no prob in that i see food plots as a good thing because it is only there for a short time cuting back and out of dead under groth also makes good feed plots as they grow back on their own.

Quick Reply: cheating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.