Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

ATV Disc

Old 06-05-2004, 09:17 PM

Default ATV Disc

I am looking to buy a disc to pull behind my polaris - can anyone recommend a brand and model, and size? I am not interested in the high-end models ($$$). I will be primarily using it to disc my chufa plots and some small bowhunting sites. Please list the name and the best place to get the best price - if possible. Thanks for you help!

Butch
Old 06-06-2004, 07:49 PM

Default RE: ATV Disc

I bought a farm star disc from gander mt. for $500 I add a litle wieght and it does a good job, you also can find them in the northern tool catalog and there on line site.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM

Here is what I use.

Heavy Duty 64 inch TANDEM DISC works great behind your ATV in my case is a 325 Magnum Polaris 4x4.

Has 4 adjustable disc gangs. Greasable gangs and wheel bushings are easy to get to. Notched blades are without a doubt in the double gang configuration one of the best ground eating equipment on the market.

Easy to move when the Pneumatic Tires are lowered

ATV has to be put into low gear when the wheels are up because with one pass this hog eater will leave nothing but dirt. It only took one pass to get the results I required.

The Silver bar at the top is the Electric Actuator which is more money but is a must with this piece of equipment.

The 64 inch TANDEM DISC fits on this Standard 5x10 Trailer.

The equipment comes in boxes and requires assembly. Easy to put together, pay close attention about putting blades together is my only caution and be careful super sharp. I started about 10:00 a.m. and finished about 4:00 p.m. putting both the Tandem Disc and Tow Frame with Cultivator together, taking a few breaks during that time.
Nothing to it. Once you have used their equipment the first thing you will say is: "Wish I had this 10 years ago"

60 Inch Cultivator is just as heavy duty. Installs on the Universal Tow Frame

Super Heavy Duty 10 gauge steel construction.

Either way I would do alot of research on everyone that is out their and make up your own mind.

Here is the above info.

WEEKEND WARRIOR
P.O. Box 239
MILFORD, IA. 51351
1-866-539-8944
www.weekend-warrior.com

I have also used the flip disc that I borrowed from the MDC it worked great also but had to add a heavy harrow on the back to give more weight and took alot more passes.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

horntagger,

Thanks for sharing all the info on your implement! I’m also in the market for one and you know how skeptical one can get when purchasing something like this. A lot of cabbage and your “stuck” with it (if it’s crap!)

I gotta few questions about your setup.

How much does it cost?

How much does it weigh?

Did you add weight while plowing?

Does it put a lot of stress on your 335 say if you plowed an acre or more?

Is your Magnum liquid cooled?

(Without being brand loyal[&:]) Do you think my 4X4 350 Yamaha Wolverine could pull it?

When you disked, what was the soil like under the ATV tires ie; plowed, dry, wet, grass, rocky?

Did you work any wooded plots and if so how tough was it managing the sharp angles and turns?

If you had the privilege or misfortune to buy again would it be the same setup?

Again I really appreciate your input!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:11 AM

Try John DEERE. I bought one a few years ago for about $250. And I just sold it a few months ago for $100.[&:]
Check out your nearest John Deere dealer.