Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Experimental seed drill

Old 05-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Spike

Default Experimental seed drill

I finally had a chance to try out my new seed drill from Kasco. I had an idea to extend the frame of their Eco drill and add a drop box for planting legumes and grass seed etc.. I really wanted something that would do it all and so far I am extemely happy with the results. For example this drill is capable of drilling a cover crop of wheat or oats while at the same time dropping clover and cultipacking the plot all in the same pass. I just got through planting a large 5 acre clover plot and a large plot of round-up ready beans and corn, and several strips of a bird mix containing sorghum,sunflower,millet and buckwheat. All this was planted using the same machine and most of it was no-till with the exception of the clover plot.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Experimental seed drill

a couple years ago i planted the bird seed mix like you planted. it came up very well, really thick. the following year the field had alot of pigweed that competed with what i had planted. i think the pigweed was in the birdseed, but i could be wrong. just keep an eye out for it next year.