Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Imperial Whitetail Extreme

Old 04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Imperial Whitetail Extreme

New ground-breaking perennial designed for EXTREME CONDITIONS!

http://www.whitetailinstitute.com/products/extreme/

You guys see this stuff yet? I'm skeptical but thinking about giving it a try.

What do you think?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Imperial Whitetail Extreme

I have a bag and I will be putting it in the ground in early June. My reason is that it will be on a hillside and the soil drains pretty fast. My soil test also came back at 6.1 so I think this stuff should do pretty good. I did about 3/4 acre of their Clover last year and it did pretty good. The deer have eaten it right down to the ground and we are still seeing deer in it every trip out. I know many here think it is too much money and that you can get stuff cheaper from the co-op. For me in my second year of doing food plots I just want some things established right away. I tried some Sorghum last year from the co-op and nothing came up. I think that was my fault. I may have put the seeds in too deep when I dragged it.

Good luck if you try it and I will let everyone know this fall how the extreme does.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to know what's in it - is there any information on that?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know, I'll do some research today.

(edit)Ok maybe Monday
Old 04-30-2004, 05:42 PM

This is interesting. Some guys & I out here in WA are looking for something like this, we get very little rain in the summer months(Eastern WA), early snow & late melt off. Now you guys see our problem. Is there anything else you guys might know of that would work better? Keep posting on your results we'll be watching, thanks.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

The Extreme seems to work well. I have planted a small plot myself but I also have a friend that tests for them. He has had it in the ground for 3 years in a place that wouldn't grow any perennial because of low rainfall. His pH was 5.2 when he planted (he added lime) and the stuff is as impressive as almost anything he has seen. Especially in the soil he planted. It established a little slow but almost all perennials do. According to him, just about like clover and alfalfa.

I'll try to get photos and post one or two to let you see what it looks like. They have pics on their website but they are closeups. He also told me that his deer wear it out! That's what I want to hear. I've planted the Imperial Clover before and it did just what the company said so I'll try this and see.

I don't know whats in it and really don't care. I ordered a couple bags last Wed. and will plant this next weekend. I have a couple of fields that are in tough to reach areas that my tractor can't get to and I'll use the 4-wheeler disc to scratch it up. I optimistic. I heard it requires a little more nitrogen than my legumes. I'll plant it by the directions and see.

Wish POP GUN luck.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I checked my plot this afternoon and it's growing well. A little slow but I know it's a perennial and they all are slow. I'll keep you posted on how it does. Right now it's a winner.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

PopGun, thanks for the info and update. What was your Ph on that plot and what all did you do with the soil?
Old 05-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Mantis, the pH in the field was 5.4 (within the range for the planting) but I think it will do better with lime so I added lime to one side and the other I left at 5.4. My little test to see if lime can help. All my other plots do better at a more neutral pH so this should too but right now I can't tell the difference in growth from one side to the other.

The ground prep was: disking and fertilizing (500 lbs of 15-15-15) I dragged the soil down level and seeded then dragged lightly. The seeds are larger than alfalfa so I got the seed under no more than 1/4" of soil.

It's jamming right now and my buddy who is tested it says his deer are wearing it out. If it works and all signs are very positive this may open up some ground that I have never been able to plant because of poor pH and difficulty getting ground prep done. ie. lime.

GO EXTREME GO
Old 05-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I think it will be 6 months or so before you will see any difference in the limed side and the other. The lime does not have an immediate effect.

Quick Reply: Imperial Whitetail Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.