Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Atv cultivator

Old 04-09-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Atv cultivator

I was thinking of buying an atv pullbehind cultivator from weekend warrior, does anyone have any experince using any atv food plot equipment? Also weekend warrior sells a 3 point hitch that attaches directly to the atv to allow hookup to a plow, cultivator, disk. is better then the pull behind type. Any suggentions for atv farming would help. Impossible to get a trackter to food plots. Also most of the soil I would use the equipment in is mostly sand gravel with a few inches of top soil. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Atv cultivator

I use a disc I got from tractor supply and it is a lot cheaper then the one your talking about I think I got it for around $149.00 but the first thing you will have to do to it is change the tounge on it to make it longer so it is not so close to your back tires on your ATV are when you are turning it is going to cut your tires. But the best part you do not have to have any special kind of hitch for it.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:35 PM

My friend bent arrow got a set of atv discs for about 140 bucks from Northern Tool. I don't know what the shipping was but they weigh about 80#. He says they work just great. They are not real wide and have trays to add cement blocks for additional weight. The angle of the discs can be adjusted too. Most guys don't put in acres of food plots and much more than this is overkill. I have overkill and acres but not as much as farmhunter. Just got a turkey with a 10" beard in the ladino clover. terry
Old 05-05-2004, 05:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. Instead of paying that money, I made a homemade cultivater and it works awsome. Picked up some square steel and welded a frame together with wheelborrow tires for depth adjustments and bought from the fleet store s tines and the scoops. tilled up last years plots in record time. When i was done, drug it with a harrow and its ready to plant.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:50 PM

Hey Skeeter,
I would have done the same as you. You can't tell on this forum how handy a guy is till he's been here awhile. I'm impressed with your efforts. I've made a boom pole, roller, and back blade. Keep stimulating your little pea brain I always say. terry
Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 AM

I will post some pics soon for others in my same situation, my want something similar. If you can weld it can be put together for less than 120 bucks, I cant weld so it cost me anouther 40. The new equipment from cabelas is quite pricey, not to mention not as heavy duty. This thing has white trash and ghetto all in one.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skeetr1
This thing has white trash and ghetto all in one.
You got a laugh out of me there. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. I can hold a decent bead, but by no means am I a master welder. Always looking for cheap ideas...