Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

problem deer

Old 03-01-2004, 08:54 PM

Default problem deer

is there something i can use to keep the deer away from shrubs small trees new grass --- is there a spray i can spray around the yard --- is there such a thing as wolf scent or big cat scent or something --- please let me no if theres something i can use besides putting wire around everything
Old 03-01-2004, 09:20 PM

Default RE: problem deer

They make a wolf scent to keep deer away or you can use a product that is called TREEGUARD that works but cannot be used on edible trees and shrubs. we use to sell it quite abit in our garden center another product that works is called ROPEL some people have used blood meal also

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 03-01-2004, 09:59 PM

btpatriot02
------ thanx alot ----- will the blood meal really work
Old 03-02-2004, 01:46 PM

How about shooting a mixture of Muzzy125 & CarbonTech WH, which you may apply using a new CyberTec Cam 1/2?? ... That might keep the deer away...

I have heard that the sprays work for a short time only, and hence become expensive do to repeated applications. Maybe you can find a better strain of deer-resistant plantings up there...Good luck anyways.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:35 PM

There is a spray called deer be gone and also deer off. A lot of house magazines carry it. It works great. The other option is to fence the outer edge of your yard with the nylon eletrical fence wire hook it up to a power box. Put peanut butter on the fence the deer will taste it and get a shock that will keep them away after a time or two.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:50 PM

The sprays, like Deer Be Gone and Deer Off, are very effective. The only problem is that the lose their potency after a rain. they are also fairly expensive.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:26 PM

This one is cheap. Try using human hair. You can probably get it from your local barber. Unless the deer are really used to people being around this might work for ya.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:49 PM

Also go to your local pet groomer and get some dog hair.

If that doesnt work, try some of my mother inlaws meat loaf - it'll scare the stink off a skunk