Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

LabLab

Old 12-29-2003, 09:57 AM

Default LabLab

After talking with a bunch of different seed companies and distributors....there was only one company that would go out on a limb and tell me exactly what I needed in my area that would do well with the conditions that I had. This company was Tecomate.

Has anyone planted the Tecomate LabLab or LabLab Plus.....How did the deer like it and how long did it last you.....give me all the information about this plant and any special things that you did with your plot.

thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 09:57 AM

Default RE: LabLab

Also, if you have pics.....that would be great
Old 12-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Two or three of us have ask the same question on here and thus far nobody has given an answer. I guess the only way to find out is to plant some, then you can tell the rest of us....
Old 01-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Spike

I planted some tecomate lablab plus in early spring last year. The area I planted was only about 1\2 an acre and the turkeys ate most of the seeds. What the turkeys did not get was topped off by the deer as soon as it sprouted. I replanted the same plot with Iron and clay peas and had a good plot. The biologist around me said that the Iron and clay peas are better if you are in an area where you will get rain every now and then. The lablab is better for drought area's but does not grow as fast or produce as much folage as the I.and C. peas. Just my experience. I am going to try the lablab again this year in an area that has a very small deer herd. Good luck, Gabe