Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
How to attract deer from neighbour’s acreage >

How to attract deer from neighbour’s acreage

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

How to attract deer from neighbour’s acreage

Old 02-10-2020, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have seen cabins where bears broke in, usually through a door completely wrecked the place in every room, ate any food thy found and defecated all over the floors and the beds and when they decided to leave, they crashed through a window. You mentioned your grill, that is another favorite target because it smells so good to them. Many of these places were places where the owners fed bears when they were in camp and the bears showed up, When the bears showed up and the owners were not there they simply helped themselves and it was not pretty.
I have seen the same thing, have friends with remote cabins in Alaska and Canadian Rockies
and its amazing how much damage a bear can do , there big powerful animals, and have a tendency to TEST everything they find by chewing on it to see if its any good
even seen them eat/chew up gas cans full of fuel, quarts of motor oil
and I had a bear at a farm once DRINK a gallon of round up, thought for sure it would kill the bear, but she was around for about 8 yrs after that, =had some easy to ID color markings, to keep track of her over the yrs!

I just recalled that one event above and it made me laugh, as some times they do get in and out same way, NOT always by any means and most times it doesn;t end pretty when they get into a place
there animals after all, not well behaved humans! and I say well behaved humans, as I have also found MANY cabins broken into by BAD humans that smashed places up and stole damaged things and did as much damage as any bear I have seen!

My one hunting camp was broke into 3 times by humans and cost us thousands to correct!
and I can BLAME a human a lot easier than I can a bear, there only trying to live, HUMAN crooks, ?? are just scum of the earth to me! and should know better!
Old 02-10-2020, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, it is a shame booby traps are not legal for human thieves.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Yeah, it is a shame booby traps are not legal for human thieves.
yeah its funny in a sad way how criminals suddenly have rights, for doing wrong!