Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Cows and Horses

Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Spike

Question Cows and Horses

Hello all, I recently came into a couple trail cameras and so I've decided to put some food down. First though I hunt in a pasture that has some cattle and horses. Is there anything that can harm them in any way in attractants? I purchased Wildgame Innovations Apple powder and Sweet Beat (I believe) lick block if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kay_bug07; 10-19-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

It wont hurt them but it wont last long. The cattle will eat it before the deer even get close... Took the cows about 15 minutes to finish off the bag of BB2 that I had laid out. Waist of $40.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Spike

Thank you! There are also nursing calves back there and I don't wanna kill the farmer's animals. We just bought some stuff at Walmart so it wasn't too expensive so if they do eat it we won't be out a ton. It is just trail and error right now. The good thing about the cameras being right there is to see what is eating it.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

just toss out apples and corn
Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Spike

Ya I talked to my dad yesterday and he suggested the same thing. After the stuff I bought is gone I think I'm going to the co-op to get some.