Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Sweet Radishes

Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sweet Radishes

A friend has been telling me he has been reading that swwet radishes are a great thing to plant for fall hunting in a food plot. Anyone have any experiences they want to share. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Is that different than a daikon (aka groundhog/trophy/tillage) radish? Just never heard of a sweet radish.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planted a few spots in food plots last couiple of eyars. Nothing spectacular as far as deer hitting these any more than wheat or oats. In fact I would up eating about as many nas the deer did . Not worth the $$ in my opinion.

Have had much better luck with deer munching purple top turnips. And again, if the deer don't go to them, not bad with home made pepper sauce and corn bread.