Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
Plotmaster any own/use the FP 1206??? >

Plotmaster any own/use the FP 1206???

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Plotmaster any own/use the FP 1206???

Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Plotmaster any own/use the FP 1206???

I've heard that the ones you trail behind a atv/utv aren't too hot, But John Deere is advertising the one below built by frontier and they seem like a do it all for food plots. Given both John deere and frontier put their names behind it I am thinking it has to be of a minimum quality but can't seem to find anyone who has actually used one. They are pretty expensive to buy without a review....

FRONTIER FP1206 by PLOTMASTER

The Plotmaster™ - FP 1206
Old 09-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to expensive for me, will just have to stick to my chisel plow and broadcast spreader
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Between the cost of 3 different pieces of equipment and the time saved it seems that the cost starts making sense.

I am looking at the Firminator, Billion, and Kasco. They are not cheap and well made pieces of equipment (actually more than the Deere) just haven't heard from anyone on the deere.

Anyone have any comments that has used or seen any of these in action?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Plotmaster pictured does not look like a sturdy piece of equipment. The Kasco, Plotmaster and others are greatly overpriced. Some of them are fragile. The best value is a good used no till drill. This thing is nearly indestructible and works well in unplowed ground:
Attached Thumbnails Plotmaster any own/use the FP 1206???-old-iron-1-small-.jpg  

Last edited by falcon; 09-28-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Spike

I think you didn't mean minimum quality I have owned and do own several pieces of John Deere machinery,,and there is no better on the market,,a friend of mine owns the plotmaster your asking about and he loves it,,has owned it for about 3 or 4 years now,,and he says it saves him lots of fuel and time. LOL not going to list all my firearms,,have over 50 so too many to list on here..

Good luck hunting this year everyone and be safe
Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NCDhunter08
I think you didn't mean minimum quality I have owned and do own several pieces of John Deere machinery,,and there is no better on the market,,a friend of mine owns the plotmaster your asking about and he loves it,,has owned it for about 3 or 4 years now,,and he says it saves him lots of fuel and time. LOL not going to list all my firearms,,have over 50 so too many to list on here..

Good luck hunting this year everyone and be safe
Yes I am a JD buff, and the JD name on it should say somthing. But... I have read that it is not built by John Deere and some have said not even by fronteer. I have searched many forums and posters have said it required alot of repair, could be stronger others that they needed to do extra welds. You see a fair amount being sold, not so with the Brillion, Kasco or Firminator.

Just looking to get some info. Is your friend doing some small food plots or larger areas. I havew 20 acres in all (In multiple plots) so I am looking for somthing sturdy.

R
Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Robertesq1
Yes I am a JD buff, and the JD name on it should say somthing. But... I have read that it is not built by John Deere and some have said not even by fronteer. I have searched many forums and posters have said it required alot of repair, could be stronger others that they needed to do extra welds. You see a fair amount being sold, not so with the Brillion, Kasco or Firminator.

Just looking to get some info. Is your friend doing some small food plots or larger areas. I havew 20 acres in all (In multiple plots) so I am looking for somthing sturdy.

R

I have 20 acres of year round food plots, and 60 acres of CPR land of which we plant 1/3 of it each year after we bushhog and disk it,,so thats 40 acres maintained each year (been doing foodplots since 1980),and I'm a JD Buff too,,I worked at my fathers John Deere dealership till he passed away,and we sold it, and my brother was a territorial manager for John Deere for over 20 years,and one of my uncles owned another John Deere dealership,,and the only one I know I can trust on how they work is from the guy I personaly know,,,some of the postings on here are written by people who work with other companies, like one of the lower classed red tractors,,lol
Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by NCDhunter08
I have 20 acres of year round food plots, and 60 acres of CPR land of which we plant 1/3 of it each year after we bushhog and disk it,,so thats 40 acres maintained each year (been doing foodplots since 1980),and I'm a JD Buff too,,I worked at my fathers John Deere dealership till he passed away,and we sold it, and my brother was a territorial manager for John Deere for over 20 years,and one of my uncles owned another John Deere dealership,,and the only one I know I can trust on how they work is from the guy I personaly know,,,some of the postings on here are written by people who work with other companies, like one of the lower classed red tractors,,lol
forgot to mention your answer,,my friend has more foodplot land than I do,,he said he has close to 35 acres ,,mixture of sizes
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I personaly know,,,some of the postings on here are written by people who work with other companies, like one of the lower classed red tractors,,lol

Yep, that green paint is a powerful thing. Many John Deere tractors were made by Yanmar until sometime in 2004-05. You can have a John Deere with 12,000 hours at one end of the tractor lot and an identical model Yanmar with 600 hours at the other end. The John Deere will sell for much more.