Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Mineral Lick

Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mineral Lick

Okay so i am not going to be able to make food plots this year, so i want to do the next best thing, a mineral lick, mineral block, salt lick, whatever you may call it. I have never used one before and need to know how and when to use them. Do you bury them, or what. i want to put a camera over one so any tips on how to use it would be helpful so i can get some pics on the camera
Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

also, any brands, products, you reccomend?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

your kinda late. you should get the salt out in early spring. if you want to go cheap just get a bag of water treatment solar salt at walmart or home depot for 5$. ive never had to dig a hole. just clear out the ground a bit and if you can try to put it near water. no rules. i like to get the deer use to it and using it often before putting a trail camera on it. usually first week of august works for me and you get to see racks by then.