Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

BioMaxx experience?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BioMaxx experience?

Im thinking of trying BioMaxx next year since my Eagle Beans didnt pan out very well.

Has anyone had any experience with BioMaxx or heard of anyone who has?

Im NOT looking to "create" my own by going and buying the seeds, im just gonna buy the bag and go from there.

Thanks guys
Old 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've had excellent results with BioMaxx. In fact, it's turned out awesome, the couple seasons we have planted it. If it's a corn/bean field that you want.... i think you'll be very pleased! Good luck
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never used biomax - I've seen pictures of IL-Cornfed's Biomax plots - and they look great.

I've mixed corn & beans to varying degrees. I've run them side by side and overlapped them too. From my experience, I can tell you that if the corn component is too low in the seed mix - you get spotty ear production, and what does grow is targeted HEAVILY by birds and squirrels especially.

Also I can tell you that broadcasting can be iffy - and you need to keep an eye on how it develops. Soybeans can and will germinate and grow effectively on bare soil - Corn - Not so much. In my area, lots of rocks, heavy soil, and uneven ground can contribute to spotty plots when broadcast. We use a corn planter to help get these larger seeds well into the ground for germination. If you have well prepared soil, few rocks, and good conditions for germination - broadcasting can be just as good...... - for me thats a lot of "ifs".

For my money - I like Strips of corn - strips of soybeans - blocks of corn - blocks of soybeans with some overlap with all of the above instead.

This is a 1/3 acre soybean strip in a 1 acre block of corn. Note that there is quite a few random corn stalks in the beans ( this wasn't on purpose - some corn was still in the bins) - almost none of these isolated stalks have ears of corn any longer.

FH
Old 11-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Spike

many food plot farmers hesitate to plant soybeans because deer consume them so rapidly. Likewise, corn is seldom used for food plots because it doesn't provide any forage (or grain) all summer. BioLogic has worked extensively on researching both bean and corn varieties that have the necessary characteristics to produce in a food plot environment. Even better, the researchers at BioLogic discovered a method of planting beans and corn together that proved to create a summer and fall food plot that is extremely nutrition and attractive to deer. This is some of BioLogics best work ever!
The best results in the field start with the most scientifically advanced forage blend on the market. New BioMaxx is a specialized mix of corn and three varieties of soybean seed, genetically enhanced for maximum growth, field durability and palatable taste. Both cultivars work together to ensure a vigorous and attractive crop — the maturing beans affix nitrogen in the soil to produce large ears of corn for autumn consumption; the corn shades the beans in hot weather. And because these seeds are Roundup Ready®, a planter can spray Roundup® or new BioMaxx Herbicide to kill weeds while maintaining maximum growth, health, yield and taste. This hard-working warm season blend provides an uninterrupted supply of nutritious, attractive forage from summer through the fall.