Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Plot height

Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Plot height

I planted my food plots about two weeks ago. I used Biologic Green Patch Plus and Maximum, and I was just wondering if anyone knew about how high they should be after two weeks?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Spike

how high are they right now?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

The brassicas range from just sprouts to about an inch or two tall. The clover in the green patch plus is just starting to sprout up in places. The wheat and oats in the green patch plus sprouted quickly but it seems like the deer have nipped a lot of it down already
Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

These brassicas were planted Aug. 8th, the pictures were taken today. It is purple-top turnips and seven-top turnips. I seeded a little heavy but made sure they had plenty of nitrogen. I will side dress with more nitrate (34-0-0) and triple 13 in a couple weeks. They can definitely use more fertilizer than what I'm used to using on other types of plants it seems.

Last edited by bowmanaj; 08-24-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

holy cow bowmanaj, that plot looks great! Yeah mine don't look anything like that haha. We just added some triple 12 to the plots and its been pretty rainy since then so hopefully they will take off a little
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep they will definitely take off with that fertilizer you added and some rain. Mine were also slow to get started once they germinated, but after some rain they shot up pretty quickly. I'm sure yours will too.

Keep us updated, good luck this fall.