Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Trough(Troff) feeder plans?

Old 01-24-2002, 09:03 AM

Default Trough(Troff) feeder plans?

Anyone have plans or ideas on how to build a trough feeder. I use gravity feeders now, but I can't figure out how to keep the deer pellets dry. I mixed oats in with corn and pellets last week. The oats are supposed to help with the moisture, but it doesn't look like it has worked. I have an idea how I think they should look, but some definate measurements would help alot. Any plans or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:26 PM

Default RE: Trough(Troff) feeder plans?

Oldeerhunter, I saw in March that you had some plans and emailed them to others. Your email is hidden. If you read this could you send me the plans or if others know him could you ask him. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

902,I tried mixing the deer pellets with corn in my feeders.Didn't work!The best way I found to feed them deer pellets was to pile it on a piece of plywood.If it gets wet just dump it off and put on some dry pellets.I carry in a small bucket every time I go in and just add what I need.

Edited by - FlDeerman on 01/27/2002 13:58:49
Old 01-28-2002, 09:36 AM

Thanks for responding Fl. I took the pellets out of the feeder and just put straight corn in. Seems to be working better. With the weather in PA, I don't know how long the pellets would last out in the open. But it'll be worth a try. I just want to give them something with more mineral than corn. I'm looking for something that'll keep the pellets dry and let the deer eat as much as they want. I'm gonna try to make one out of duct work with an elbow at the bottom.