Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tips from members

Old 05-05-2003, 10:37 AM

Default Tips from members

I noticed in farmhunters pictures he had some rocks in his plot and some references others made about the rocks. What do you guys do with these types of rocks?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tips from members

A stone house is a beautiful structure. Alternately, a pile of rocks in the corner of the field or a stone fence works.

Dan O.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:55 PM

Load them up in my trailer and put them on the water side of my lake levee. Only got 45 more yards to cover. At my age I may not finish.

Dan O. I just got done transplanting 20 Persimmon seedlings. I didn' t mow under the old trees this spring and finally got some to come up. I guess I was looking too soon in the spring. Got a dozen or more under the smaller tree that I will try and transplant tomorrow.

Russ
Old 05-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

If you can haul them out of the woods they look good along the driveway. My brother even brought a good size(almost too big to lift) rock home for my parents flower garden.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rocks in the pictures are the " little ones" we left. In a perfect world we would have picked them all too, and honestly over the last 4 years its gotten better. Most of the rocks we' ve picked have gone into piles along the field edges - in some cases weve used them for filling in wet holes, or as foundation rock on the cabin.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Russ; if the Persimmons appear to die don' t give up. I' ve put ones in that appear to die and suprisingly put out new growth the following year.

Dan O.