Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Forage Soybeans

Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Forage Soybeans

Orders have been sent out...thanks to all that have placed one!

gjs4...Large Lad has 1 forage soybean geared towards height growth (up to 7 feet tall)
...Big Fellow has 1 forage soybean that has been produced to grow a larger leaf area with the highest potential amount of overall biomass of all the beans
...Wildlife Manager's Mix has the Large Lad soybean with a vining soybean called 'Whitetail Thicket' and 2 earlier-maturing beans as well so that some seed sets...the mix of the 'Large Lad' is good because it provides something for the Whitetail Thicket bean to climb up on.

...right now though all I have available is the Wildlife Manager's Mix though or I'd get into all of them. When I have a few more minutes, I'll let you know aboutthe other mixes as well...thanks for asking!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would those forage soybeans be a good late season food plot to hunt over? Like even when there is snow on the ground?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

...very good, especially if you broadcast some turnips into them come mid-July or so for you northerners. A RoundUp Ready corn with this would work well, too, planted as a mix.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

I still have some bags left if anyone needs any!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Howdy, all. I do not have much left, so I need to respectfully request to those that have asked for a bag (or bags) that have not followed through on payment or with returning the MTA to me to please do so as soon as possible or let me know if you plan not to so I may make the seed available to other people. The beans, I'm sure, would be tasty, but I am just not rich enough to eat them if I were to hold them to the end of planting season. Thanks, everyone!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might be interested in buying some...ill let you know.

I have a couple questions though:

1) Can I just spread the seed and work it over with a lawn roller? I dont have access to anything bigger really.

2) Is it still an ok time to plant them?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't recommend just broadcasting them and cultipacking without disking/tilling the ground first. If that is your only food plot technique option for now, I'd suggest either frost seeding some clover into an area for a perennial plot or broadcasting a mix of wheat, oats and Austrian winter peas in mid-September for a fall hunting plot.

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

1) Can I just spread the seed and work it over with a lawn roller? I dont have access to anything bigger really.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: USFWC

I wouldn't recommend just broadcasting them and cultipacking without disking/tilling the ground first. If that is your only food plot technique option for now, I'd suggest either frost seeding some clover into an area for a perennial plot or broadcasting a mix of wheat, oats and Austrian winter peas in mid-September for a fall hunting plot.

Thanks

Actually, I do have access to a tractor and a small disc. So, i do plan on working the ground first, definetly. But I dont have access to a drill, so i was hoping broadcasting it and working it in would work.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Let me know how it goes!

ORIGINAL: USFWC

Thanks

Actually, I do have access to a tractor and a small disc. So, i do plan on working the ground first, definetly. But I dont have access to a drill, so i was hoping broadcasting it and working it in would work.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im waiting for it in the mail right now. Hopefully it isnt too late to plant. Ill let ya know.

Quick Reply: Forage Soybeans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.