Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

I Need some help!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 PM

Default I Need some help!

hi I live in Middle Tennessee. And I have a 50 acer Farm that I gowed up on and we have always hunted.And thare is a 500 acer farm next to me. well the other farm touches on 2 sides of my palce. well last year the farmer past away and the kid's sold the farm to a Doc. Well this man dont hunt and dont let anyone hunt the farm he has it for " A GET AWAY"! well he put in all these Proteen feeders and food plot's And well Now I dont have any deer On my place! ware before I was able to take a Few nice bucks and all the does I could ever need! Now here is my (? )what can I do to draw them deer off his place? I have never had any food plot or anything. I never really need them, Well now I do! I think if any one could help me out and tell me what I need to plant to get a few deer to atlest stop for a sec. I mean I don't want to kill a ton of deer but I would like to see a few and at least have a chance! I mean I hunted for 21 days and did not see any on my farm but could look over thare on his and count 50 to 75 does in one day at his feeder and at least 10 bucks that would score over a 150. Man that really sucked for me LOL! So PLEASE HELP!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I Need some help!

Do you farm any of that 50 acres? If no, I would get some equipment and plant white clover plots about 1/2 to 1 acre in sizeboarding the other farm, and some other crops like, corn, soybeans and maybe afeeder or two. It all depends on what you want to do and spend to see and get a deer. You also can find some other place to hunt. Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont put all your eggs in one basket, mix your food plots up. Clover is a great plot, but add some chicory to it. Plant some cereal grains as well, like buck forage oats or winter rye, they work great. Give thema buffet to eat off of. Get some feeders going to, if you can do this I think you will start seeing some deer. Also food plots are alot of fun to grow, I love watching something I planted grow. I should have been a farmer instead of a RN lol.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM

hey thank for the help to the frisy guy that left me a mesg. Yeah we farm this ground we run cows on it and also cut hay off of it along with tobacco. and rite now thare is winter weat in the tobbaco plots and the deer have not eat any of it. And to the 2ed guy thanks yeah we have alot of clover on the place white and red both but they just dont seem to eat alot of it. and when I seen what was happoning that was the frist thing I did I got me some clover and planted it back in sep and LOL but thay did not hit it much. I think I am going to Plant some soybeans this spring and corn