Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Wolves

Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wolves

ORIGINAL: country1

Just another reason why there should be concealed carry in WI and IL and in the national parks.
I believe that concealed carry is allowed in Wiscosin, even though most people don't realize it. I few weeks ago I read in Wisconsin Outdoor News that even though we still have this right, it is under attack.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

New Wolf article from ID.
http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005125077

Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

[hr]

I wonder if WY will try and get away with managing their wolves like this, since they can't come up with a proper wolf management plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27jb7...ext=1&index=28 [/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

Blacktail slayer...

? for you, are you in Washington,Oregon or Northern Cali? Must be right. Well guess what they are coming! This year elk hunting in my home state of Idaho, i was talking to the McCall Idaho Biologist. He told me himself that he watched a big pack swim the snake in Hells Canyon across to Oregon.. Everyone will see what happens to your elk heard in the near future! I grew up hunting the back country of Idaho.. Guess what we used to have wolves.. Native Wolves.. Then they brought in these monsters. What will they do next, bring in the african lion? do we need another alien predator in our woods? NO!

www.saveelk.com

Need proof they already planted them in washingtons methow Valley........ check this out!!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...c,27734.0.html

Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

For any Wisconsinites keeping score...we got a picture of a wolf on our land last fall allllll the way down here in Sauk County (just 45 mi. north of madison)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolves make great fertilizer!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a really sad story........................

Close encounter raises concerns about wolves
By Scott Richards - For the Idaho Press-Tribune

For as long as I can remember, when you were in the mountains for any reason, a dog by your side was a great defense to warn you of predators. I used to believe in this. But now a dog is nothing more than bait to lure wolves.
Recently, while cougar hunting, an associate of mine, who is a licensed guide like myself, had a wolf encounter. He was cougar hunting with a dog on a leash when three wolves charged up on him. With waving arms and a screaming voice, he was able to persuade them to leave, but what if they had been a little hungrier? Your natural instinct will be to defend your companion. I am not saying you should leave your friend at home, but be prepared.
Put a bell or a beeper on him or her so you know where they are at all times.
The most important thing, in my opinion, is to pack a firearm. I personally believe pepper spray will not work in
a pack attack. Keep your dogs quiet when you are walking — no barking. If they are tied up in camp, no barking. And don’t let your children play with your pets and have them barking while they’re playing.
My personal belief is that the war has been lost. It’s too late to save our big-game herds in my lifetime.
What I have loved to do for most of my life is over, so enjoy it while you still can. Be prepared. I pray you never encounter a pack of Canadian gray wolves.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always pack a gun.. I dare them to come near me or my dogs I have no problem taking care of business..