Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Plot Question

Old 11-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Plot Question

zophy, I forgot to get back with you on the plot. I did remember to take a few pictures, but when I went back to the plot, it had been hit pretty hard. It was only a 1/4 acre plot in an open between pines. After three weeks, the plot was around 6-8 inches. But I did get rain the night and day after I planted. And some here and there afterwards. You should definately have something by now. I didn't get a chance to do a soil test myself, but I did put 50lbs of 13-13-13 when I planted it. Next year, I plan to plant a bigger plot in the same spot. It had probably been mowed down to 4 inches when I went to get pictures. A good rule of thumb is 250lbs 13-13-13 per acre if you don't do a soil test. With as many acorn trees and persimmons as well as a corn feeder in the area, I didn't think they would mow down the plot that fast. I'll be going back this weekend and if it's worth taking pictures, I'll try and get a few.